1.    #1  
    Hi, i hope this is the rite place to post this question. I have a Windows7 64bit machine and i'm trying to install WebOS sdk. I followed what the website says
    Latest version of Java,
    Virtual Machine,
    Emulator
    But for some reason on my Windows 7 machine when i try to do palm-generate i get Java is not recognized msg. i uninstall Java and started everything again. Still the same
    I was wondering if anybody else ran into the same issues as me, becoz i searched the internet i couldn't find anything to help me figure out why i my machine cant recognize java. Appreciate the help

DZ
    It sounds like the java executable is not in your path. If this is the case, it is an easy fix. Try this (instructions for Windows 7):

1) Open your System Properties (right click on 'My Computer', then 'Properties' then click on 'Advanced system settings' on the left)

2) Click the 'Advanced' tab, and then the 'Environment Variables' button.

3) In the top list, see if 'Path' exists. If so, edit the path, and add this to the end:

Code:
    ;C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin
    (That should be the proper path on your machine, but you might want to check to be sure)

If for some reason the Path variable does not already exist, just click 'New', enter 'Path' for the variable name, and the path to java.exe for the variable value. (The semi-colon is only needed to separate paths if you already have an entry for it).

(If you want it to be in your path for all users, use the lower list)

Then just open a command prompt and type 'java'. If it lists parameters for its usage, the path is now set properly and you can call it from any folder.

Hope that helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by compmatt View Post
    It sounds like the java executable is not in your path. If this is the case, it is an easy fix. Try this (instructions for Windows 7):
    Hope that helps.
    WOW thank you. I have tried a couple reinstalls of Java/VM/SDKs and none worked to get the Emulator up and running.

So this time i did >java, VM, mojo sdk and still didnt work (was sad)
    Tried running as administrator = nope
    Fixed the path your talking about ~ Whoola!

Do IT!