1.    #1  
    I've been using winscp for a long time. However, it stopped working after I installed the ssh stuff on preware. Now, when I try to login to my phone, I get the following error:
    Cannot initialize SFTP protocol. Is the host running a SFTP server?

I've tried going back and installing the optware but things just aren't working. Any ideas??
    i get this as well....Help someone...Please and thanks.
    primetime--i was able to get in yesterday, following these steps. I used to get your error before for many tries. Many!!!

1) Put phone in dev mode
    2) Open WINSCP, fill in your lan ip address, port 222, username and password.
    3) In the SFTP environment box, paste the following (it is not a drop down option): sudo /opt/libexec/sftp-server
    4) WINSCP now looks like a browser window. Click on the Putty icon at the top (look for it). This opens up a dos window looking box.
    5) You will see the root prompt change and now begins with the username you used to log in.
    username@palm-webos-device
    6) Type sudo mount -o remount,rw /. This logs you in as root, and mounts the phone as Read/Write---so you can change things. Re-enter your user's password (same as step 2).
    7) Type rootfs_open -w
    8) Edit away but be careful.
    9) When done, type mount -o remount,ro / --RETURNS YOUR PHONE TO READ ONLY MODE.

It's hard to see, but this jpg helps and summarizes most of above: http://forums.precentral.net/attachm...ace_images.jpg

Good luck
    Last edited by NABRIL15; 02/17/2010 at 09:56 AM.