Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Greetings. I'm reaching out to the community for feelings on various topics.

I'm looking for 2 things. Firstly, I need a few individuals who use a voicemail-to-email system with gsmwav encoding. If your voicemails are forwarded to your email in .wav format, and you CAN'T play them on your webos device, then you're it. I have somewhat of a proof of concept working and I need a few more volunteers with various systems to test it raw, and then after packaging. I also need people who regularly listen to flac and ogg and have somewhat of a... library, to be willing to assist in testing support for these filetypes. If you can fulfill any of these, please contact me in #webos-internals on freenode IRC.

Secondly, I need some suggestions from the community on general filetype support concerns. What is most wanted? I'm looking for suggestions in the way of audio, video, and streaming; containers, formats, and encoders.

Thanks!

UPDATE: Ok, gsmwav packaged released in webos-internals feed, check preware for install. Thank you everyone for their comments and suggestions. Will keep in touch.
    Last edited by Prenosicator; 02/22/2010 at 08:40 PM.
    Bringing you the first video recorder (Precorder), the first SDL application/game (DOOM), the first "make my magicjack/corporate voicemail play on my webos phone thingy" (gsm codec package), and now, webos's first opensource media recorder (voice and stream!) -> zcorder
    One filetype missing from the current webos that is affecting a lot of my old videos is lack of avi support
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  3.    #3  
    Consider it next on my list (now that ogg is working, mostly).
    Bringing you the first video recorder (Precorder), the first SDL application/game (DOOM), the first "make my magicjack/corporate voicemail play on my webos phone thingy" (gsm codec package), and now, webos's first opensource media recorder (voice and stream!) -> zcorder
    I have this problem. Where I work we use Cisco Unity and our voicemails are delivered to our Exchange mailbox as .wav files using the GSM6.10 compression codec. When I had a Treo/Centro I had to use mVoice to listen to them. They won't play at all on the Pre.
    I'd like to suggest .wma and .asx formats (or containers, I'm not sure which is which). An awful lot of radio stations (and sirius/xm) stream in this format. My old winmo treo played these like a champ and I really miss them.
    not sure what magic jack uses but I can't listen to the .wav sent to my email.
    Last edited by lopezpm; 02/22/2010 at 09:35 AM.
    .avi
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
    Codecs:
    complete MPEG-4 (incl. Xvid, DivX 3/4/5/6, 3ivx und MS MPEG-4) like ffdshow
    AC3 (with downmix to 2-Channel)

Container:
    DivX Media Format (.divx)
    Matroska (.mkv, .mka)
    Ogg
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I would love to be able to play my google voice voicemails when i touch the play message link in an email when sent to me. I know i can use the visual voicemail app, but that app isnt the best. I thought maybe this patch would fix that but I guess google voicemail uses another codec.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    avi and matroska container formats and xvid are the two that would make the video and audio functions rock.

But if you've got extra time, just hook ffmpeg into the system
    PalmPilot Pro --> Palm III --> Palm V --> Palm 505 --> Treo 700p --> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    So when might we have access to, for instance, ogg? Would love to go back to using vorbis on Ampache instead of mp3.
    Thanks for your work! Looking forward to ogg, would love to have Theora video as well.
    Will this play the voice messages from the google voice website?
    Help a guy thats down and out on his luck..
    Oh it does work!
    you have to use the older version "link on the bottom of the screen"
    awsome!!!
    or
    http://www.google.com/voice/m/

sweet now i dont need a google voice app to play my voice mails
    FLAC listener and xvid watcher. if you need a tester, PM me!
    I have a subscription to a radio show that puts thier streams up on the site in wave,mp3 and realplayer format but when i click the links I get

No handler for
    file://media/internal/downloads/stream.cgi

is that a server side problem?
    Palm webos is the only os I get these kinda problems from when trying to stream my paid subscrition streams.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by upperking View Post
    Oh it does work!
    you have to use the older version "link on the bottom of the screen"
    awsome!!!
    or
    http://www.google.com/voice/m/

sweet now i dont need a google voice app to play my voice mails
    Still not working for me and I did a normal restart. I just get "There was an error playing the file."

I will try another restart.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    nope still doesnt work, weird.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Hows the ogg plugin coming along? I have a library of 1900 songs on my pre, currently all in mp3, but want to delete them all and re-transfer them using ogg since the current quality of the mp3 files allows them to take up ~6GB, while the equivalent sounding ogg files, by my hearing tests anyways, take up ~5.4GB. I can't wait to free up those 600mb, Thanks!
  20.    #20  
    ogg is working well, the biggest problem is tagging. I doubt you want a 1900 song library all loaded under "other artists" vorbis comments _are_ natively read in gst tho, so I'm looking at a way to use a small fileindexer replacement service to export those entries to a sqllite database mimicing the current format. I'm getting more involved in core webos-internals activities these days and don't have too much time for this, but it is definitely being worked on, by others also.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast