Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Prenosicator View Post
    ogg is working well, the biggest problem is tagging. I doubt you want a 1900 song library all loaded under "other artists"
    are there any news about this?

Tagging is important, but if there would exist an audio-player like AeroPlayer for PalmOS this would not be such a big problem, because this program can also sort by filename.

Thanks,

bye thg
    Any news about ogg & flac support?
    Any news about OGG and FLAC support?
    .asx PLEASE. I really want Bloomberg live stream on the Pre.
    www . bloomberg . com / streams / audio / radio_live.asx
    Any chance for .au files?
    I have a Pre2 now trying to replace my Palm Tungsten T|X PDA but the one area where I am really struggling is my music - I use Aeroplayer on the T|X and all my music save for a handful of MP3's is in Ogg vorbis format, as I use winamp on my PC this is not a problem and I would rather not have to try and re-rip my entire music collection from CD!

Does anyone at webOS internals have any idea if this project is still even being worked on?

I really do not care about tagging, if filename sort was available (a la Aeroplayer on PalmOS) that would be great. Integration to just type with matching words within the filename would be the icing.

I there is even a beta that I could try to at least get my music on my device I would really be interested.

Please still be alive!

Thanks,
    Mark
    I don't know what the current staus on this is but if Prenosicator is willing to guide me, I'm willing to incorporated his work on ogg, flac, etc into my file based music app FFplayer.
    Developer of: FFplayer - a file/folder based music player. FFplayer home
    Quote Originally Posted by RealMayo View Post
    I don't know what the current staus on this is but if Prenosicator is willing to guide me, I'm willing to incorporated his work on ogg, flac, etc into my file based music app FFplayer.
    Thanks RealMayo for being willing to consider trying to put that into a native webOS player. If you need any help in testing please let me know very happy to help. I'm even considering getting a new PC next year and looking at writing my own simple PDK app to play ogg vorbis if non of the existing players incorporate it. (my current PC isn't up to the task).

Hopefully Prenosicator will be able to help take ogg vorbis support in the webOS era over the finish line.

thanks.
    ___
    My Palm PDA history: m130 > Tungsten T > Tungsten T|X > Pre 2 > HP Pre 3 (unlocked)
    My Mobile history: Nokia 5146 > 3110 > Samsung D900 > N73 > Nokia 6300 > Pre 2 (convergence!) > HP Pre 3
    My Tablet history: HP TouchPad 32Gb (model A - 1st gen)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prenosicator View Post
    ogg is working well, the biggest problem is tagging. I doubt you want a 1900 song library all loaded under "other artists" vorbis comments _are_ natively read in gst tho, so I'm looking at a way to use a small fileindexer replacement service to export those entries to a sqllite database mimicing the current format. I'm getting more involved in core webos-internals activities these days and don't have too much time for this, but it is definitely being worked on, by others also.
    Hi,

could you please make the ogg support for people aviabiable for people do not minding the lack of tagging support?
    I'd like to use this in order to listen to my ogg streams from my ampache server, so I won't care about tagging at all

I'd be VERY happy not have to transcode my music collection

Thanks,

LK
    Audiophile supports ogg and FLAC. Are you a phone user or TouchPad use?
    Quote Originally Posted by nyuepik View Post
    Audiophile supports ogg and FLAC. Are you a phone user or TouchPad use?
    I use a TouchPad. The reason I asked for the codec that I do use AmpacheXL to listen to my music collection remotely. So I do not need some app supporting ogg but a system-wide codec that AmpacheXL (or or other apps might acces.

See here:
    .../webos-apps/288747-announcing-ampachexl-touchpad-2.html#post3135054 (I may not post links.)

I know that TouchPlayer, Audiophile and KalemSoftPlayer can handle ogg.

Thanks,

LK
    Last edited by Lebenskuenstler; 09/06/2011 at 07:39 AM.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123