Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Thanks, hope you are able to get this working soon. I wish there was something I could do but unfortunately the only language I know ATM is python. Right now the only thing I could probably do is help test it if you need someone with an extensive library
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    keep up the goodwork, will be donating once up & running. Big supporter of webOS internals.
    I would love to test ogg support with AmpachPre. Ampache handles the tagging so that won't be much of an issue.

divx/xvid support would be great. I could continue working on video streaming support from ampache.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I just saw this on Palm's PDK, I'm not sure what this means for playing ogg files on the pre, but you may want to take a look at this. PDK - Media Handling - Palm Developer Center

Scroll down to where is says "Playing Audo" and you will see
    Supported audio formats:

Ogg Vorbis
    mp3
    will there be support for avi, mpg, or divx... I am so tired of convering my videos amd being in the military I'm always deployed and don't always have access to a pc to convert files... If you could accomplish this I would greatly donate!!
  6.    #26  
    There was a _very_ significant change in media handling in 1.4, and I'm still sifting through the general meaningfulness. I'll try to update when I know more.
    Bringing you the first video recorder (Precorder), the first SDL application/game (DOOM), the first "make my magicjack/corporate voicemail play on my webos phone thingy" (gsm codec package), and now, webos's first opensource media recorder (voice and stream!) -> zcorder
    +1 for the wma and asx support. The only way to stream the BBC radio national stations.
    My Pre is now complete. Been waiting a long time to be able to play my WAV voicemails. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.

PS Is there a DONATE button somewhere, I paid $30 for mVisualVoicemail on my treo, and this is WAY better.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    So is there a place to download this?
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by fj40fax View Post
    My Pre is now complete. Been waiting a long time to be able to play my WAV voicemails. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.

PS Is there a DONATE button somewhere, I paid $30 for mVisualVoicemail on my treo, and this is WAY better.
    Hi, I'm glad it's working for you. I didn't realize this is a utility people still needed/used. If you want to donate to Webos Internals, please check this link:

WebOS Internals:Site support - WebOS Internals

you may make a comment on the donation or in an email/on irc chat about the purpose of the donation if you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    So is there a place to download this?
    Right now (I think) it's still in the testing feed. Some time this week I will verify it works with 1.4.1.1 on a stock phone and then push it to the main feed. I sort of forgot about it

As far as other work on codecs in general, I've decided to avoid the route of more binary patching. It's inconsistant with a stable environment and with safe OTAs. Instead, we are developing a fully opensource solution. This has taken a backseat to the Precorder rerelease, but will be developed still going forward.
    Bringing you the first video recorder (Precorder), the first SDL application/game (DOOM), the first "make my magicjack/corporate voicemail play on my webos phone thingy" (gsm codec package), and now, webos's first opensource media recorder (voice and stream!) -> zcorder
    Any update on ogg support?
    I am interested in testing Flac support. All my music is encoded in Flac. How can I help?
    Palm III -> Palm IIIe -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm Pre -> HP :-( Pre2
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    AVI and DiVX support would be major. I would definitely donate for that.
    (I'd beta test it, too.. hook me up if you're doing it. I'll even buy it after.)
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    I also would love AVI/MKV support
    HP Touchpad: I just cant quit you, baby.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    OK it took me 2 hours but I got PreWare installed and finally found the GSM wav codec (it was under PRE and PIXI. I tried installing it anyways didn't seem to work.

Is there any chance of getting GSM wav for the PIXI? Need to listen to my voicemails.
    Quote Originally Posted by jckatz View Post
    OK it took me 2 hours but I got PreWare installed and finally found the GSM wav codec (it was under PRE and PIXI. I tried installing it anyways didn't seem to work.

Is there any chance of getting GSM wav for the PIXI? Need to listen to my voicemails.
    I don't think the GSM WAV package has any dependancy on the device type. It should basically work on the Pre and Pixi. How is it not working when you install it?

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    I don't think the GSM WAV package has any dependancy on the device type. It should basically work on the Pre and Pixi. How is it not working when you install it?
    OK first error is it is ONLY listed under WEBOS-internals Feed (PRE) not PIXI or ALL

But I select it anyways

click INSTALL!

ERROR: An errr occured while attempting to install .org.webosinternals.gstcodecs.gsmwav_1.0_armv7ipk
    <PRPRPR&$gt$;
    Clearing state_want and state_flag for pkg=org.webosinternals.gstcodes.gsmwav arch_priority=0 flag=16 want=2)
    <P>
    An error ocurred, return value:4.
    <P>
    Colleted errors:<P>
    Cannot find package org.webosinternals.gstodecsgsmwav.
    Check the spelling or perhaps run 'ipkg update'

OK
    Try using WebOS Quick Install.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Try using WebOS Quick Install.
    that was webosquickinstall.jar

I then clicked on the blue icon selected from the IPKG Repository viewer
    found the file after 2 hours under the PRE feed, then clicked installed
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeitisen View Post
    I am interested in testing Flac support. All my music is encoded in Flac. How can I help?
    Me too! Flac support would make my phone a lot more useful. Ready to help out with it!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast