1.    #1  
    I would like to request an app that will automatucally remind me wheb I have a bill due. It would use the notification feature to remind me a predetermined amount of days before the bill is due and how much I have to pay. It could also help by keeping track of how much I am spending on bills.
    If you have to enter some data anyway, a normal calendar reminder works okay for me.
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    yeah I use my calender
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Well, the app would need a way to get the bill info, and that might be tricky. If one had to do this manually, one might as well, just use a calendar reminder.

Now, I'd like a Bank of America banking app, as I have direct deposit, and pay most bills online anyway, with a BoA app, I could do everything on the Pre. (...and the iPhone version will send reminders when deposits are made and automatic payments are made.)

..and how about that iPhone and BB Vonage app? The webOS 1.4update should allow access to the mic, so the Vonage app should be easy then. ...oops, off topic, again, sorry.

I've set up NStar and Comcast to send me emails, (e-bills), when the bill is due. The NStar email lists the balance due in the top line of the email. Comcast hides the total at the bottom of the email! ;-) ...less painful that way?
    You should sign up for mint.com they'll send you email alerts when bills are do along with a ton of other services and you can access the site from your phone. Ideally they'll come up with a webos app with a nice ui.
    There's an app...it's called "Calendar" and it's already built-in to the phone. Works great....and...if you sync it with Google Calendar, you can even enter your bill dates on a computer at calendar.google.com and they'll 'automagically' show up on your Pre...it's called Synergy
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Interesting - I use Tasks for this. The Pre's native app is a little too low power for me, so I have Chapura PocketMirror which works great and I can sort out all the bills in one view using categories. Reminders come with tasks as well.

If your online banking site has reminders, that is a good method as well. But personally I want a list I can see - I travel frequently, and it allows me to see and get the online bill pay set up ahead of time. Tasks do that when the online banking and the calendar do not (at least easily).
  8.    #8  
    Yes, I am aware that I can use my calendar and as of right now I do. However I usually pay extra on my bills and this would also help me remember how much I paid.
    Quote Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post
    Yes, I am aware that I can use my calendar and as of right now I do. However I usually pay extra on my bills and this would also help me remember how much I paid.
    The thing is that you'd have to record that ammount into this so called application...same as recording that in your calendar under the "Event Notes".
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    The thing is that you'd have to record that ammount into this so called application...same as recording that in your calendar under the "Event Notes".
    However, he doesn't want to use his calendar this way. He is interested an app.

Maybe look into developing it yourself. Could be fun and you know exactly what you are looking for. You may not be the only one that wants an app for this.

http://developer.palm.com/index.php?...arn&view=learn

http://www.webosschool.com/class/login/index.php

http://ares.palm.com/Ares/about.html
    Last edited by Mom2Ninjas; 02/12/2010 at 10:47 AM.
    Aka: NinjaMom
    www.ppcgeeks.com
    PPC6600>PPC6700>HTC Touch>Touch Pro>Palm Pre