Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I know palm quit the fight with itunes to keep the sync capabilities for newer updated versions of itunes, but i figure if someone made a patch, i doubt itunes would take the effort to break the sync for the ppl who patch it.

What you think?

Is this a hard request or is it simple for a talented webos internals ppl/ programmers or someone like that.. ?

I would love it.

I know there are other options, I just think it would be nice to have.
    +1 I would like to have that back.
    Downgrade to iTunes 9.01 or earlier.
    Done.
    iTunes is such a horrible app... why would you want to debase your Pre by syncing with it? Windows Media Player syncs... as well as my favorite method of all.. drag and drop! ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by toofast4yourazz View Post
    I know palm quit the fight with itunes...
    Have they? There has not been an official announcement (that I know of). How do we know they aren't just waiting until they have full iTunes support (latest version of iTunes, play counts, ratings, etc)
    I moved away from iTunes completely, and now use winamp. The sync method might not be as elegant, but at least its not iTunes.

Does anyone else find it humorous that Palm made Apple update iTunes so much? LOL
    i just use an old version of itunes... i have no reason to upgrade it anyway. i don't want to use anything else because i like the playlist feature. does WMP keep playlists if you sync with it?
    I just use an older version of itunes, because I stopped updating my software. Since itunes is not supporting my Pre, I stopped supporting them, besides, there is much better deals on music on Amazon's website, plus they snyc with the itunes software.
  9.    #9  
    i didnt update for that except same reason.. however, i got an itouch as a gift and itunes said i needed to update my itunes inorder to put my music on that..

damm apple =/

anyways i think the patch would be useful and if its easy then i think it should be done, cuz like i said i doubt apple would bother breaking sync from a patch
    i didnt update for that except same reason.. however, i got an itouch as a gift and itunes said i needed to update my itunes inorder to put my music on that..

damm apple =/

anyways i think the patch would be useful and if its easy then i think it should be done, cuz like i said i doubt apple would bother breaking sync from a patch
    its called an ipod touch get it right itouch? What's that ?
  11.    #11  
    thanks for correcting me.. :roll:

what are you? an apple fan boy ey?
    I use iTunes to sync my iTouch too. I just downgraded to 9.0.1 so i can sync my Pre & ignore the update messages from Apple Software Update.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Or you can use MediaMonkey with iPod settings. Playlists will sync correctly and the Music app or Music Player Remix will see them fine.

Here, I wrote a tutorial for this:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...diamonkey.html
  14.    #14  
    ya ill just downgrade if need be.. i dont use my pre as an mp3 player much.. i just thought a patch might be useful to alot of people.. and i thought it might be easy to do.. but i guess not?

oh well
    ya ill just downgrade if need be.. i dont use my pre as an mp3 player much.. i just thought a patch might be useful to alot of people.. and i thought it might be easy to do.. but i guess not?

oh well
    One of the biggest problems with iTunes sync is that it mirrors the iPod file structure which is a convoluted mess. You never know where your music files are exactly. At least with DoubleTwist (don't know about the other solutions) it organizes them into Artist/Album folders that can be followed when viewed in USB mode....much more efficient.
    if you are on a mac, it syncs your iphoto pictures too right? i think that is another plus
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    One of the biggest problems with iTunes sync is that it mirrors the iPod file structure which is a convoluted mess. You never know where your music files are exactly. At least with DoubleTwist (don't know about the other solutions) it organizes them into Artist/Album folders that can be followed when viewed in USB mode....much more efficient.
    Using MediaMonkey, the file structure on your computer is whatever you want it to be. You set up the arguments for how you want the file structure, then auto organize.

For instance, mine is:
    D:/my files/music/<artist>/<album>/<artist> - <title>
    D:/my files/music/Bon Jovi/Slippery When Wet/Bon Jovi - Living on a prayer.mp3

You can use just about any argument possible (genre, composer, mood, etc.) and change the file structure however you want.

On the phone, yes it forces iTunes style folder structure and uses an iTunes style database. That is how the album art and playlists work. I don't mind because the only way I view music on my device is the Music (remix) app, which displays my music just fine.
    I'm still using itunes 9.0.1 and still syncs great, no issues on my end, no patch needed for me.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  19. Evansgw
    Grr, I am being forced to update some songs to iTunes Plus. Really annoying. If the Pre is recognised as an iPod would this stop that problem?
    How to do I put music on my pre now? Do I need a different media player?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast