Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1.    #1  
    Is there any news on a Web os RDP client, not a vnc or that remote win (which i can't get to work)? i have been unsuccessful in finding one? Any news?
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    It is *possible* (I've done it). It's not really pretty though. Do a search for sdlvnc. Before you say "hey I said I want RDP, not VNC" read on. Forum member zonyl has found that if you connect the sdl based vnc client to an "X windows" vnc server residing on the same device you can use the X program "rdesktop" to connect to it. I've been working with zonyl (mostly as a beta tester) to smooth out the rough edges. Give it a little more time and zonyl should have the vnc client side of things working better then I hope to set up an easy to use package to access X.

- Phil -
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Im actually working on an sdlRDP app as well
    sracercelica likes this.
    Oh bring it on zonyl. Thats what we've been waiting for!
    Quote Originally Posted by zonyl View Post
    Im actually working on an sdlRDP app as well
    How's that app coming along?
    bump, rdp is a big want now that we almost have vpn... no digging for the laptop a 3 am when I'm on call for simple stuff.
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Bump. I've got vpn...just need rdp.
    Bump. Have you left?
    I emailed Elusiva regarding their webOS RDP app and this is the reply that I received:

We are working on releasing support for all platforms one at a time.
    We have a work-in-progress page at
    Remote Desktop Client - Elusiva
    We have only released Windows binaries into a public beta. Next week,
    we are planning to release Apple OS X and iOS. Hopefully, webOS
    version will follow in about four (4) weeks. This is the fastest pace
    our R&D can support without compromising quality.

In addition to regular RDP7 client, we are adding webOS support to our
    access suite. Please keep in touch. One way to stay in the loop is to
    find Elusiva on facebook and click Like. You will see our feed.

We always cover all important events there.

Sincerely,

Igor Shmukler, Elusiva - Server Based Computing, Remote Desktop, VDI
    So hopefully some time in April we'll have an RDP client.
    I'm really interested on an RDP client App for webOS. If anybody needs a beta tester let me know.
    a Remote desktop is a must now that we have tablets coming in. a good app can make or break some tablet consumers
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    +1
    I would pay for a working vnc/rdp-Client.
    Another option for remote access to Windows apps from mobile devices is Ericom AccessToGo, a free RDP client for iPad, iPhone and Android devices. If you also want to speed up RDP, you can use AccessToGo with Ericom's Blaze server (a commercial, not free product). That makes AccessToGo the fastest RDP client for mobile devices for working with graphic applications over a remote connection.

As an extra benefit, Ericom AccessToGo also provides an optional Secure Gateway component. This Gateway enables external clients to securely connect to internal resources using AccessToGo without requiring a VPN.

For more information about AccessToGo, visit Ericom dot com and look for AccessToGo.
    Does anyone know if there is a webOS version of AccessToGo in the works?
    Long live webOS!
    Has anyone tried using TeamViewer? I will be attmepting to use it on my tablet tonight but wanted to see if anyone had ventured down this road using the login.teamviewer.com web based application?
    Or you can test my native rdp application. Its actually working, although it sometimes fails to update the screen correctly, and basically requires a bluetooth keyboard. That is unless you like typing a lot of stuff on the screen.

Its also missing a zoom function, making it hard to hit small buttons.

Another couple of days and it might be done cooking enough to install on a TP already running in developer mode.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    JanPrax, ifishcat and Dogma like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrlinton View Post
    Or you can test my native rdp application. Its actually working, although it sometimes fails to update the screen correctly, and basically requires a bluetooth keyboard. That is unless you like typing a lot of stuff on the screen.

Another couple of days and it might be done cooking enough to install on a TP already running in developer mode.
    Countme in as a beta tester jrlinton.

where do I get this from? I would love an rdp app. I am using splashtop right now to connect to home and then rdp to the work server.
    If you need another beta tester, count me in. I've got access to a bit of a diverse environment to fire things at it.
    Long live webOS!

Id be greatly interested in this as well. Im down to be an alpha or beta tester
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast