Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    I'm not dead!

Anyway, I have PM'ed the four people who expressed interest a location, to get an "alpha" version.

Its an .ipk. Install it, start it, and enter the hostname or ip you which to connect to. For now you have to fully qualify the host names, not real sure why. I think you can pass a port like hostname.domainnameortnumber

The current important "gestures" are: three fingers tapped to the screen (ideally somewhere that windows doesn't get confused) will bring up the keyboard. One finger pressed on the screen and not moving allows a second finger to "right click". Everything else is sort of what you would expect, tap to click, tap and drag to drag, etc. Double click is double tap, but the evil thing is that you probably need to slow down your windows double click rate to get it to work.

That said, the short TODO list looks like:

Do something about the darn webos keyboard, which is basically useless for windows work as its impossible to send chorded keystrokes with ctrl/alt, much less insert/delete/home/end/etc.

Put in some kind of pan/zoom functionality that doesn't suck. I actually have a pan/zoom working but its _SLOW_ so I didn't compile it into this version.

Fix 1 known, fairly obscure screen drawing issue that mostly seems to sometimes appear with certain apps scrollbars.

There may be a random disconnect (or it might be my network) i've been watching out for.

Speed up redraws. I expect that the redraw should be instant on a local network, but its not, and that is primary due to some ugly hacks to convert windows bitblt functions to alpha channeled canvases blits. It will get faster! I promise. Right now video on my system is running about 5 FPS.

Make the sound work.

Oh, and make the initial login screen pretty... Plus docs, yada yada yada..
    Last edited by jrlinton; 10/04/2011 at 02:29 AM.
    idiomcritter likes this.
    Any room for another beta tester?

On another note, I contacted Elusiva. They canned the project when HP made that horrible announcement. They said that they have a program which works on an emulator. Someone mentioned a willingness to pay? How does $250,000 plus 10% profit sound?. It's a shame they just don't release what they have and make something back. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrlinton View Post
    I'm not dead!

Anyway, I have PM'ed the four people who expressed interest a location, to get an "alpha" version.

Its an .ipk. Install it, start it, and enter the hostname or ip you which to connect to. For now you have to fully qualify the host names, not real sure why. I think you can pass a port like hostname.domainnameortnumber

The current important "gestures" are: three fingers tapped to the screen (ideally somewhere that windows doesn't get confused) will bring up the keyboard. One finger pressed on the screen and not moving allows a second finger to "right click". Everything else is sort of what you would expect, tap to click, tap and drag to drag, etc. Double click is double tap, but the evil thing is that you probably need to slow down your windows double click rate to get it to work.

That said, the short TODO list looks like:

Do something about the darn webos keyboard, which is basically useless for windows work as its impossible to send chorded keystrokes with ctrl/alt, much less insert/delete/home/end/etc.

Put in some kind of pan/zoom functionality that doesn't suck. I actually have a pan/zoom working but its _SLOW_ so I didn't compile it into this version.

Fix 1 known, fairly obscure screen drawing issue that mostly seems to sometimes appear with certain apps scrollbars.

There may be a random disconnect (or it might be my network) i've been watching out for.

Speed up redraws. I expect that the redraw should be instant on a local network, but its not, and that is primary due to some ugly hacks to convert windows bitblt functions to alpha channeled canvases blits. It will get faster! I promise. Right now video on my system is running about 5 FPS.

Make the sound work.

Oh, and make the initial login screen pretty... Plus docs, yada yada yada..
    can I have the app plzz.....
    [QUOTE=jrlinton;3191726]

Hi I just got my TP and went looking for RDP & VNC - any chance I can test it for you?
    i would also be interessted in a beta rdp ipk. Can test on multiple devices.
    I would also be interested in testing. I use rdp on daily basis and need to find one for the touchpad.

thxs
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Would love to get a copy of this too. Can test using HP Bluetooth keyboard too. Thanks!
    Pre3/Veer/Touchpad 64 Panda
    can I also get on the alpha/ beta.. I use rep about 90% of my day..

thanks
    Or you can test my native rdp application. Its actually working, although it sometimes fails to update the screen correctly, and basically requires a bluetooth keyboard. That is unless you like typing a lot of stuff on the screen.

Its also missing a zoom function, making it hard to hit small buttons.

Another couple of days and it might be done cooking enough to install on a TP already running in developer mode.
    hey jrlinton great work! Two things, will you be setting up a seperate thread for your application (if not already) and where can requests be made future enhancements? (I placed two such requests here: SourceForge.net/tracker/?atid=2480725&group_id=612832&func=browse

but maybe such things need to be placed elsewhere?

again, great app, thx
    No, the sourceforge page is probably the best location.

For those that missed it, the app is now in the app store.

Search for RDP, its "Remote Desktop Client" by syllogithm.

The most recent update finally posted. That version adds a help menu option, and a basic saved list of recent connections.

I also have a bug fix release I plan on pushing real soon now, which cleans up some minor issues.
    Last edited by jrlinton; 11/01/2011 at 09:11 PM.
    hi I cannot find this in the store. Should it be showing up now? I have tried rdp and remote desktop but nothing shows up. Please help...
    Ahhh new message says not available in my country. Do I need to use impostah? If so want country us?
    right....how do us sorry UK owners get this gear on our TP's?

Seriously want ( actually need ) this on the TP that I stupidly bought without reasearching instead of an Ipad to do my work on.

A proper RDP app on this we tablet would be simply excellent....

Andy
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    It's only available in the US store for now. Would be great to have this in other countries. Is that anything we can do to facilitate that?

Thanks!
    Pre3/Veer/Touchpad 64 Panda
    Right now it is US only, but the 0.2.6 update which is pending review, adds a number of countries (UK is one). If that goes ok, I will add the remainder in the next update.

The 0.2.6 update fixes some drawing bugs, tweaks double click behavior to make it easier, and runs about 3x faster with the keyboard hidden than the 0.2.5 version (with the keyboard active its slower).
    Right now it is US only, but the 0.2.6 update which is pending review, adds a number of countries (UK is one). If that goes ok, I will add the remainder in the next update.

The 0.2.6 update fixes some drawing bugs, tweaks double click behavior to make it easier, and runs about 3x faster with the keyboard hidden than the 0.2.5 version (with the keyboard active its slower).
    Hey dude, that is excellent news.

Do you have any ETA for this or is it with the powers that be?

J
    It is up to HP at this point. The last couple updates took a few days, but I might guess fri, give or take a day.
    It is up to HP at this point. The last couple updates took a few days, but I might guess fri, give or take a day.
    Solid mate.

Looking forward to giving it a whirl.

Andy
    Still eagerly awaiting this chap.....any eta?

Also, a side note from a development perspective. I use iTap RDP on my iPhone 4 and it really is quite excellent, but to connect to my work....I had to by TS Gateway support.

Do you have any knowledge of that and is this something that can be implemented in your client?

Regards
    Andy
    I jinxed it... Hehehe All I can say is soon.... It got eaten by the hp machine for unknown reasons.

On the positive side I have a new version with more fixes and SOUND!!!

Of course the sound syncing kills the video refresh rate. Sometimes it seems I can't win.

The day the current version posts I will post another version. I think they are getting sick of my weekly updates..
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast