1.    #1  
    I wonder if the Sprint Pixi actually has the circuitry for wifi but they just dont enable it with the correct drivers. It seems counter intuitive that they would make a pcb that didnt have wifi support just for the Pixi. A mobile wifi module is dirt cheap. Better to put it in there with the hopes of the next customer (Verizon) using it. Then all they have to do as change the label on the front, not re-design the pcb. Its good business sense.

So, if there is a wifi circuit in there perhaps some clever hacker can enable it, turning the pixi into a pixi-plus running on Sprint!

Anyone... anyone...
    doubt it
    There doesnt appear to be a teardown of the Pixi. Odd.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    i've been inside my wife's (dropped in soda for 2-3 minutes) and didn't see a good home for a module. By the way, the phone still works like a champ.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ricebean View Post
    i've been inside my wife's (dropped in soda for 2-3 minutes) and didn't see a good home for a module.
    Uhh....oh I get it now. LOL.
    If the Sprint Pixi did have WiFi, they would be in violation of FCC regulations for passing it through without divulging the extra radio. Unless they completely killed the chip, which would make it pretty useless for us end-users.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    i think verizon added it
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikerz View Post
    Uhh....oh I get it now. LOL.
    hahahaha +1
    Quote Originally Posted by drumstyk1 View Post
    i think verizon added it
    uhhh.....no!

Palm Added it!

The carriers dont have access to the hardware prior to sale.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.