Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Hi all,
    I have just started using a website called Highrise. For those who have never used it is a web based Contact/task management program. It would phenomenal if there was a Web Os app that could hook into this site. I know 37signals (the company that made the site) has an open developers API but that is about all I know. Is there any interest out there for this type of app besides me?
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    bump
    Agree - would like to see this for the WebOS. The iPhone app is pretty recent, though, so I assume Pre will lag behind a bit.
    me too, I'd have a use for this app...
    I am looking at the API and it will require the PDK for functionality (because it requires certain things the SDK doesn't provide), so I will contact Palm Developer Relations and see if I might not be able to get this out through the app catalog using the beta PDK (even though it is beta and not supposed to be in the catalog).

I will work on the interface tomorrow and hopefully get this working in a few days. I have never used the site, so the site is new to me. I will of course need some beta testers for this.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    I have a name for the app and I would like to know what you guys think adequate pricing would be for the app..

I have my graphic designer (one of them) working on the app icon and logo.

I am working on the app (and there is a high likeliness the PDK won't be required) and should have some screenshots available soon. It appears it won't take too long to make and get it to beta.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    loll
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    loll
    What?
    Arthur Thornton

Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    What?
    Don't worry about it. Excited for the app!
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    I have a name for the app and I would like to know what you guys think adequate pricing would be for the app..
    As I use this for work, it's not so much a cost, more of an investment, so I'm willing to pay upto the $20-30 price point. Others may be looking for more a sub $10 price point, not sure. Am willing to help with the testing.

cheers,
    Richard.
    Just an update:

The app will have pretty much the same functionality as the official Highrise for iPhone does (API doesn't provide for direct access of all notes, but you must specifically access each individually; same with emails, etc.).

I still need to meet with my graphic designer to get the icons and logo designed, and I should hopefully have those done by early next week. The app should hopefully be done within a week and a half (well, ready for beta testing then anyhow), and I should have screenshots available mid-next week.

Thanks.
    Arthur Thornton

great, thanks