Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I am developing an app for both the Iphone and Palm Pre. The Palm Pre app will cost money to download but I want to allow for some part features of the app to be completely free and other parts of the app to cost a fee (like $.99 or $1.99). Does palm allow this - allow for a per-use fee (optional use) within the app?

Please advise...

Andrew
    Quote Originally Posted by aweyrich View Post
    I am developing an app for both the Iphone and Palm Pre. The Palm Pre app will cost money to download but I want to allow for some part features of the app to be completely free and other parts of the app to cost a fee (like $.99 or $1.99). Does palm allow this - allow for a per-use fee (optional use) within the app?

Please advise...

Andrew
    There's no way to do this with one app. You will have to have 2 apps. One will be your free version and the other a paid "pro" version.
    mobigamedepot.com
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aweyrich View Post

Please advise...

Andrew
    You can upload a free app and then charge separately to "activate" - but Palm won't be doing the billing then, you'd have to maintain that.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    You can use PayPal's IPN, but Palm does not do the billing.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive