Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    It was the same problem. I named mine palm pre. Changed it to palm and im watching it download songs now. Seems to be working since it didnt scroll bytes like this before. Its got 50 more to go. I will test it later with videos and pictures.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    It was the same problem. I named mine palm pre. Changed it to palm and im watching it download songs now. Seems to be working since it didnt scroll bytes like this before. Its got 50 more to go. I will test it later with videos and pictures.
    Cool, I just released 1.0.2 update that addresses the device id naming issue, you can download the Palm App now...no need to update the windows app...it appears that the palm download manager is a lil finickey when validating the url you send it, and instead of throwing an error it returns back a "file download successfully" message....bah!

Thanks bigwood for your patience and help in identifying your problem!
    Wifi Media Sync 3.0 now available for PC and Mac OSX.
    Windows 64 bit users I was getting error a referral was returned from the server on my pc. I am Now running in xp service pack 3 compatabilty mode with admin. rights and the error is gone. I don't know if this will help anyone else. wifi sync works great now.
    Last edited by yaggermr; 03/24/2010 at 08:05 PM. Reason: edit
    yaggermr, could you give me more infomation concerning the error you were receiving? My two dev laptops are Windows 7 64-bit and we did not have an issue running, so maybe we missed something...
    After installing the pc side of this wifi syn. I received this error a referral was returned from the server. I could not launch the application. I uninstalled and reinstalled with the same issue my net framework was up to date. I tried a run with administrative rights enabled still this error would come up. I turned off my firewall same issue. Finally I ran it under windows xp sp3 compatabilty mode with admin rights and it works great. I don't know if this is an isolated case. However there was a comment under the release page on pre central where someone running win 64 couldn't get the pc side of the software working. I love the app. No problem here. Just thought maybe someone had a similar issue and this could eliminate some frustration.
    Has anyone else been experiencing any connectivity or installation issues?

Someone requested on the other thread to add the ability to sync files back to your PC...we can add the ability to select a single file and upload it to your pc (similiar to how you upload a pic using a twitter client)...is anyone else interested in this capability?
    Wifi Media Sync is now available in the App Catalog!...ok i'm done...
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by infamousdutch View Post
    Has anyone else been experiencing any connectivity or installation issues?

Someone requested on the other thread to add the ability to sync files back to your PC...we can add the ability to select a single file and upload it to your pc (similiar to how you upload a pic using a twitter client)...is anyone else interested in this capability?
    I would definitively be interested in this function.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by infamousdutch View Post
    Doing it by directory (Photos!) would be awesome, but if that can't be done, file by file would suffice.
    Don't know if this is possible, but having the ability to completely mirror the USB drive portion of the Pre with a folder on our computers would be optimal I think. Say I have a folder on my PC named "PreUSB", and after sycing, I then have a complete backup/duplicate copy of my Pre's USB drive.

Again, not sure if this would be possible, but it's more along the lines of what I've been waiting for
    This is the first app i have bought, and of course I am having issues... Installed fine, syncs fine... however, the image files I transfer do not show up in Picture Viewer... even the Sync folder is not visable...

I manually added another jpg to the folder via usb sync, and now Picture Viewer sees the folder, but again, it only will show the picture I added manually, not the ones transferred with this program...

Help???
    Quote Originally Posted by clintkoglin View Post
    This is the first app i have bought, and of course I am having issues... Installed fine, syncs fine... however, the image files I transfer do not show up in Picture Viewer... even the Sync folder is not visable...

I manually added another jpg to the folder via usb sync, and now Picture Viewer sees the folder, but again, it only will show the picture I added manually, not the ones transferred with this program...

Help???
    I just send you a PM, reply back and we'll get you up and running
    Quote Originally Posted by jhol View Post
    when the international version come out please translate it to other languages - i offer my help
    Same here. for German.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ka-Efka View Post
    Same here. for German.
    We are planning on releasing an "english only" version to all countries, but if you are willing to help out with a translation to your language, please PM me.

Thanks for all your support
    Any ideas when this will go international? Eagerly awaiting it in the UK!
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy_ss View Post
    Any ideas when this will go international? Eagerly awaiting it in the UK!
    Soon!...Expect it within the next 2 weeks...
    The 1.4.1 update breaks Wifi Media Sync, we have an update ready to go that addresses the problem, but we will have to wait for Palm to approve it. I spoke with our Palm Rep yesterday morning, so hopefully we can fast track this.

My apologies for the inconvenience this causes everybody, I will be working with Palm to mitigate the risk of this happening again in the future.

We are currently re-prioritizing enhancements to WMS, and you should see an update with the ability to upload a file to your PC, and the ability for the Windows client to "auto-refresh".
  18.    #138  
    I can't believe I haven't been following the development of this app. I had no clue two months ago that anything would come of this. I was a little weary of paying so much for this app but after seeing how much Infamousdutch is working with the community to make the app work to fit everyone's wants/needs, and how he plans to not only make it functional but also aesthetically pleasing, I was in. Once it's fixed after 1.4.1 and the mentioned enhancements are in place I can only hope the two features I had in my first post are put in place. Auto syncing when on the touchstone and being able to use doubletwist to select what media syncs. I know doubletwist tries to work with developers to integrate more features so I hope that one would be easy to implement.
    Any ETA on a Mac version?
    You've been an absentee landlord, see the mess we've made with your thread?

I've never used doubletwist but I'll take a look at it, WMS will sync any files in the directories you choose, so integrating it into other apps should not be too cumbersome...

To All: The 1.1 update has been released and addresses the Wifi Meida Sync not working on 1.4.1

There have been some people having issues with this app in Win 7, if you are one of them, please PM me and we will get you squared away. I am taking measures to address the issues with UAC in Windows 7 to hopefully address this "once and for all", but it does take time, and there are simple, yet effective workarounds to the UAC problem a few of you have had.

I have a handful of updates to a Speed Dial Plus/Pro which are long overdue, once these are completed, it's straight onto WMS enhancements.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast