Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    It says bytes downloaded: 311 for like a tenth of a second then download complete over and over for each file name. I just tried photos and it downloaded 283 of them in about a 2mins. I can see none of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    I can get the connection with my PC and when I tap Check for New Files it finds new files I put into the PC side sync folder. However, when I press Sync Now on the Pre it claims that the sync went ok but I cannot find this specific file (I used a PDF for test purposes) is nowhere on the internal drive. I can only find an empty folder WifiMediaSync. Any ideas what is going on?

Also, is there a way to set the sync folder on the Pre side as well?

Thanks.
    I just tested with 73 mp3s and 2 pdfs, and they all appeared on the Pres internal drive.

Could you try selecting your device name on the Win app and clicking the "ReSync All" button, and try syncing again?
    Wifi Media Sync 3.0 now available for PC and Mac OSX.
    Quote Originally Posted by infamousdutch View Post
    I just tested with 73 mp3s and 2 pdfs, and they all appeared on the Pres internal drive.

Could you try selecting your device name on the Win app and clicking the "ReSync All" button, and try syncing again?
    Ive done this a few times didnt change anything for me.
    It must be syncing the file names because it tells me there are no new files to sync unless i hit re sync all on the client.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    It says bytes downloaded: 311 for like a tenth of a second then download complete over and over for each file name. I just tried photos and it downloaded 283 of them in about a 2mins. I can see none of them.
    311 bytes? That is odd...
    What Windows version are you running?
    Which Pre do you have?
    Can you provide me with your folder structure (just to rule out any issues with compat.)?
    Can you send me an example of one of the mp3 you are trying to sync?

Feel free to PM this info if you like.
    Im on windows 7
    Sprint pre
    I've tried pictures documents and MP3's keeps doing the same thing.
    All different folders and locations.
    I have desktop that windows xp im gonna try that one now be back in a few mins.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts

I tried that but it made no difference. I only get empty folders inside the WifiMediaSync folder. The test file used was a PDF file again. I got message for <1 sec that 20 bytes were transferred. The file is 140 kB though.

I am using Windows XP/SP3 with a Sprint Palm Pre (1.4.0).
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Just tried another file. This time a 12 MB MP3 file. The result was the same. The successful sync message came just after 1 second I started the sync. But the file was not transferred to the Pre's internal drive.
    yep same thing on my other computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    Just tried another file. This time a 12 MB MP3 file. The result was the same. The successful sync message came just after 1 second I started the sync. But the file was not transferred to the Pre's internal drive.
    STBXXL, I just reinstalled both the palm app on a Sprint Pre and it worked just fine.

Can you provide me with your folder structure (just to rule out any issues with compat.)?

I even turned DevMode off on my test Pres and still worked fine.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    STBXXL, I just reinstalled both the palm app on a Sprint Pre and it worked just fine.

I even turned DevMode off on my test Pres and still worked fine.
    I also have DevMode off by default. The folder structure is quite simple: c:\temp\sync

I also tried it on a 2nd computer but it also didn't work. I'm not sure I can send the MP3 file as it is 12 MB big. However, I can send a smaller PDF file that also doesn't work. What's your email address?
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    infamousdutch - I sent you PMs with a link to the MP3 and PDF test files.

Quick update: Disabling the built-in firewall or adding WiFiMediaSync.exe to the list of excluded processes in Microsoft Security Essentials did not make any difference.
    Last edited by STBXXL; 03/23/2010 at 10:41 PM.
    I've tried the following:

Switching computers
    Disabled firewall
    Full erase of my pre
    Turned off my router security settings
    windows xp
    windows 7
    Different folder locations

Im going to sleep now. I will be back tomorrw.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    So I got it working. The problem was that I used a space in the Unique Phone ID setting in the Pre's client. Once I changed from "My Pre" to "MyPre" it synced just fine.

The only problem left is that on the PC client I cannot get rid off the old name. Clicking Refresh Devices doesn't do anything.

I even noticed, that I don't need to have Wi-Fi running on my laptop. It also works with it being connected to the same router like the Pre via Ethernet. That's is rather cool.
    Last edited by STBXXL; 03/24/2010 at 08:48 AM.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Now that it's working for me I have of course a few suggestions for additional features

1. Would it be possible to make this a true 2-way sync? I would like to transfer files created on my Pre (e.g. photos, videos, ...) via Wi-Fi to my PC too.

2. After 1. is added it would be great to have the option to choose which folders on the Pre are synched (i.e. not only WifiMediaSync by default).

3. On the Pre it would be nice to see a list of the new files ready to Sync. Right now it only shows how many new files are available.

Thanks for this great app. We are pretty close to get rid off the USB cable altogether.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    I've tried the following:

Switching computers
    Disabled firewall
    Full erase of my pre
    Turned off my router security settings
    windows xp
    windows 7
    Different folder locations

Im going to sleep now. I will be back tomorrw.
    You're up to bat, let's tackle your issues later today/tonight, I'll be back online in about 6-8 hrs.
    How did I just find out about this today? I am waiting for my new debit card to come in, but this app is first on my list of purchases. Will this work with MONO on a Linux computer?
    We will be releasing an update to resolve the issue STBXXL identified with Device Ids with spaces soon, but first I want to address bigwood212's issues first.
    when the international version come out please translate it to other languages - i offer my help
    []
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast