Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    What will be the going price for this app?
    The wait is killing me :P
    Quote Originally Posted by infamousdutch View Post
    I'm working on a pesky firewall issues with the windows app...apparently WinXP and Vista/7 firewall APIs act differently...the current version works fine in XP SP3, but Windows Vista/7 firewall blocks the app, requiring user intervention to go into the firewall and manual add an exception...bummer...

[...]
    Though I am absolutely not too deep into it I'd suspect the UAC in WinV/7 expects to be triggered in some way to ask the user for granting the exeption.

By the way, no particualr post 1.4 WiFi issues here on o2 Germany.
    Have you tested songs with Unicode filenames? I actually ran into trouble with this using xorg tools, because the rsync build in WebOS is somewhat limited.
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    Kyusaku... I found that the optware version of rsync does have the -iconv flag to convert unicode names (the one built into webOS does not). If you download the optware bootstrap from PreWare you could then install the optware version of rsync.
    xorg tools - power tools for power users
    Ok, first off, I'd like to thank everybody that supported and nagged us in this effort! I like to especially thank our beta testers (private and public), and those users that I promised they could be beta testers, but it never happened (you know who you are!....I need you guys to PM me your info and I will send out a gift to you guys (does Palm have Palm dollars?));

After a weeks of beta testing on XP, Vista, and Win7, we have finally released Wifi Media Sync to the App Catalog for a "soft release" (i.e. available via web distro like Preware, but not in the actual App Cat.)!!! This will be followed by a "hard release" once we receive some initial feedback from you guys.

We are very excited about the release of Wifi Media Sync, and I look forward to hearing from the community on ways we can improve and enhance the app, as well as potentially porting the Windows client to Linux and mac. A lot of hours went into this app, and we hope that you guys enjoy it as much as we enjoyed developing and testing it.

Wifi Media Sync retails for 9.99, basically the price of two Subway $5 footlongs...expect rapid updates, as there is already a 1.1 in testing now that contains some enhanced functionality that did not make it into the 1.0 release.

EP
    Wifi Media Sync 3.0 now available for PC and Mac OSX.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    MAC also please!
    Where do I download the desktop client....sorry if this is a stupid question.
    So when the App Catalog finally opens up to other countries (EU, Canada, Mexico) will this be available to us? Or only to the US?
    Quote Originally Posted by glevitan View Post
    Where do I download the desktop client....sorry if this is a stupid question.
    There's a link within the Palm app to download the Windows client to your pc
    Quote Originally Posted by dscott23 View Post
    So when the App Catalog finally opens up to other countries (EU, Canada, Mexico) will this be available to us? Or only to the US?
    Rumor has it that the international app catalog is not far away. If it takes longer than 60 days for the international catalog to be avialable, we will take matters into our own hands and release an international edition via another channel.
    that's good news, thank you. My only concern is that it's currently listed in Preware as released for "US", and so even with access to paid apps, the rest of us will still get the "Not Available in Your Country" message. But nevertheless, thanks for the work on this, and I'm sure the Catalogue issues will get sorted out. Can't wait to try this out.
    Quote Originally Posted by dscott23 View Post
    that's good news, thank you. My only concern is that it's currently listed in Preware as released for "US", and so even with access to paid apps, the rest of us will still get the "Not Available in Your Country" message. But nevertheless, thanks for the work on this, and I'm sure the Catalogue issues will get sorted out. Can't wait to try this out.
    PreCentral has hinted that the international App Catalog will be available soon...if we do not see Palm open it up within the next 2 months, we'll look into offering an international version.
    Cant get it to work. The client doesnt run on my windows 7 laptop. As soon as i open it i get the windows program has stopped working box. I've removed it and installed it a few times it wont work. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    Cant get it to work. The client doesnt run on my windows 7 laptop. As soon as i open it i get the windows program has stopped working box. I've removed it and installed it a few times it wont work. Any ideas?
    Sounds like you might have UAC enabled. You must install and run the app with Administrator privileges. PM me if you need help doing this.
    yep that was it. I typed UAC in start search.. Menu came up.. turned it off and restarted now the client came up. Im about to try it out. thanks.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    I can get the connection with my PC and when I tap Check for New Files it finds new files I put into the PC side sync folder. However, when I press Sync Now on the Pre it claims that the sync went ok but I cannot find this specific file (I used a PDF for test purposes) is nowhere on the internal drive. I can only find an empty folder WifiMediaSync. Any ideas what is going on?

Also, is there a way to set the sync folder on the Pre side as well?

Thanks.
    Yea same problem.. i cant find anything on the pre lol. I sync'd 79 music and video files and it says sync complete! but my phone shows none of them. ???
    I should note that the files are syncing almost instantly.. A speed that makes me think its not really doing anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    I should note that the files are syncing almost instantly.. A speed that makes me think its not really doing anything.
    Does the Palm app show bytes downloading? I've just downloaded and tested the app on a Sprint Pre and a Verizon Pre Plus, and they both worked as expected..

what Pre do you have?

...I have seen large amounts of hi resolution pictures take a few minutes to start appearing in the photo app, but not music...I just synced 2.44 GB without an issue...

...let me uninstall everything and try this again...
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast