Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    This is great. Sounds indeed *very* promising :0)) Good job. Well done !
    WebOS still makes sense.
    This looks quite useful. I have to admit I don't listen to music much, so my familiarity with sync solutions is limited. However something like this makes me want to take advantage of this little guy more often. Anyway, Presently windows media catalogs all my music which is organized on a hard drive. If I want to select a portion of my library and put it on my pre would i have to make a new folder and put copies of the music I wanted on the pre in the new folders? What about playlists? I like that it would also handle things such as ebooks or images or whatever else. Ideally I could select what files will appear on my pre and not have to use up an extra 8gb of space with copies of files or have to disrupt the organization on my hard disks.
    Also I vote for both pc and pre based file selection of course, but if I had to choose one I'd choose the pc since it has much more screen real estate.
    Lastly, only working over LAN would be sub optimal, particularly since I'm on a university campus and the wifi comes from the school which is not the same hub or whatever (as I understand of course) as the wired connections.
    Thanks for making these cool programs however.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Will there be a Mac version available? I would love to be able to transfer files wifi.
    Zune HD user here!
    ssh + rsync? *shrug*
    Has anyone heard anything from this developer about the project, lately ?? ??
    WebOS still makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by karstenskov View Post
    Has anyone heard anything from this developer about the project, lately ?? ??
    I have! J/K...sorry gang, I've been offline...seriously, offline... my main dev laptop decided to crash last week, thank god for subversion...I'm up and running again (now in Win 7), but I lost a small chunk of the palm app, obviously I had not check in the sync scene since the 1.4 webOs update...lesson learned...I will be re-applying the code changes to this scene tonite and testing the hell out of it for the next couple days, expect to see a "silent" app drop by Monday. We know we have to battle through some tough debug issues, but we are determined to have a solid product ready by this weekend. Worse case scenerio will be the start of March Madness...once the Madness starts, coding is stops!

To answer some of the questions concerning Wifi Media Sync I have been seeing in this thread:
    • 1.0 will allow you to sync ANY files from your PC to your Palm WebOS phone.

• Music, video, and pictures will automatically appear in the WebOS's default apps, so simply opening the music app you will see your synced music

• Files are stored on the "removable storage" side and are easily accessible

• "Which folders to sync" is controlled by the server app running on the PC, but syncing is initiated by the phone.

• The PC App supports multiple phones, so you can easily sync every phone in your household to a single PC.

• The PC App will track which files have already been synced to the phone, with the ability to determine when new files are available by "Refreshing"

• The PC App will sit in your system tray and be very unobtrusive. Clicking the icon will bring up the Settings window where you can configure folders to sync.

• 1.0 requires the user to enter the IP address of the PC to sync with. The PC app will display all IP addresses currently used by your PC to make this as painless as possible

• 1.0 will be available to the US only, with a separate "international" edition coming shortly thereafter. The US only edition you will buy from the Palm Cat and download the PC app for free.

• 1.0 will be Windows XP SP3/Vista/7 compatible. A Mac and Linux port will be dependent on demand. In other words, BE LOUD!

I will be online later tonite, so expect to see feedback while i'm testing, and feel free to send me feedback!
    Wifi Media Sync 3.0 now available for PC and Mac OSX.
    that sounds great! However I'm a bit sceptic about the avalability of the international edition. I have a unlocked Pre, living in Denmark, no free games (like nfsu sims asphalt) in the app cat. Therefore I sadly don't expect to be able to get this great tool for my Pre :-(

(whining & sobbing!) still: nice to know it's possible!
    if you need testers, count me in!
    I'd love a Mac version!
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    I'D LOVE A MAC VERSION? loud enough?
    Ok, the palm app is solid again. Resolved some issues with order of operation (async mojo calls are acting a lil different since 1.4). App syncs very fast now with a 4 meg song taking ~20 seconds compared to 4 minutes before...and I was amazed when I answered a call, and Wifi Media Sync continued to sync my files!

Right now I'm working on the settings scene for the Palm app, then prettying the Palm app up... once this is complete I plan on testing all weekend and watching college basketball, so feel free to ping me!
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    sounds great!! Glad to hear you made some progress so fast after getting your comp back. I'm not a tester, I wish I saw this thread earlier. I can't wait to try out your finished product!!
    I'm a Zune user and just saw this thread. I am really excited to see you are making progress!
    Ok, so we've been battling a firewall related issue during installation that we thought was resolved most of the day...things are looking up and up now...There are some finishing touches needed for the Palm app to make the installation and configuration a little more tolerable for non-technical users, which may not get completed tonite, I'll keep you posted....
    Quote Originally Posted by infamousdutch View Post
    • 1.0 will be available to the US only, with a separate "international" edition coming shortly thereafter. The US only edition you will buy from the Palm Cat and download the PC app for free.
    pls really shortly thereafter!
    The situation of the AppCat o/s the US is still very...
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    this sounds great, can't wait to try it
    I'm working on a pesky firewall issues with the windows app...apparently WinXP and Vista/7 firewall APIs act differently...the current version works fine in XP SP3, but Windows Vista/7 firewall blocks the app, requiring user intervention to go into the firewall and manual add an exception...bummer...

The Palm app has been fully tested (I know I've said that before, but 1.4 has breaking changes across the board), once I resolve this firewall issue, we will be going live.

P.S.: The Palm app is pretty basic looking (gray screens, no animation). We'll pretty it up after we get 1.0 released.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by infamousdutch View Post
    This would actually be pretty easy, as I've built similiar functionality in the past and it would be pretty fast over wifi. I would probably create a windows/ MAC OSX component to aid with the file streaming or downloading...and it would only funtion over a LAN initially...

the UI would be the greatest difficulty, but I'm up for the challenge...

If you can get 20 or more people to reply in this thread, I will create this app and have it in Palm's App Cat within 30 days
    Love that too Infamous D.. however WIFI has to work. and that in 1.4 is not happenin' for a lot of people...

'k hoor het van je...
    Quote Originally Posted by sjaakb View Post
    Love that too Infamous D.. however WIFI has to work. and that in 1.4 is not happenin' for a lot of people...

'k hoor het van je...
    That sucks...I had that problem with my Sprint Pre, but a trip to WebOS Doctor fixed it...my Verizon Pres have never had an issue with wifi...knock on wood...
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast