Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    wow! is this going to be like SSH syncing? I guess going both ways would be nice
    --edit--
    nvm he already started.
    Last edited by acollier88; 02/19/2010 at 03:02 PM.
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    i would like it if it did both. that would pretty much rock. looking forward to this app
    Sanyo basic Flip phone- Moto Krazer- Moto Razer2- Palm Pre
    I like the way Zune handles syncing. Though the 'watch folders' idea is great.

If you want to make it a payed app you could charge for the PC end app only, make the phone app free and avoid the 'payed appy US only stupidity'.

Do you need someone to translate to german?
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Sign me up in case we still need more people to make it to 20. But can the sync be for more than music? I'd like to be able to move pictures and videos to and from my Pre via WIFI too.
    Quote Originally Posted by infamousdutch View Post
    Valid point! However, you can setup your PC to "watch" specific folders. Once that's setup, anytime a new file is added to the "watch" folders (or sub folders/directories), you're phone will pull it down on the next sync!

Thoughts?
    I would love to have both. Having it work both ways gives the user more flexibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by infamousdutch View Post
    Valid point! However, you can setup your PC to "watch" specific folders. Once that's setup, anytime a new file is added to the "watch" folders (or sub folders/directories), you're phone will pull it down on the next sync!

Thoughts?
    Oh! Like dropbox, but with your phone! That would be really awesome. Controlling from the phone would still be nice... but I could see how that would be a little messier
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    this would be killer +1
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Looks amazing!
    count me in
    [FONT="Garamond"]Dam1 J1sFONT]
    This looks like its going to be a nice app. You can count my vote and i will also vote for pc controlled syncing to start with. A future release for phone based control could be a future upgrade

Thanks for working on this.
    Just small suggestion for way to go...

There was samba somewhere at webinternals or in preware I belive. Therefore if you install it on your palm then you can share you palm music folder (as WINDOWS share).
    Then you can simply map this as network drive on PC. And Using any iTunes (or whatever) sync agent should be pretty simple
    Great feedback! Thanks goes out to everybody who has contributed to this thread.

Status update: The new process flow is now in place. Windows component is 85% complete. Palm component is rough, but functional (transferring 2 gigs/550 files right now!). File tracking (what's been downloading, what's pending download) is now in place. Security and Account information will come next. Screenshots in the next week!
    Wifi Media Sync 3.0 now available for PC and Mac OSX.
    Great keep up the good work!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

it's now "next week" ! Where's the screenshots ? (okay I'm impatient, so shoot me ;-) )
    Seriously: Great job!!!!
    Last edited by karstenskov; 02/23/2010 at 03:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by karstenskov View Post
    it's now "next week" ! Where's the screenshots ? (okay I'm impatient, so shoot me ;-) )
    Seriously: Great job!!!!
    LOL, sorry gang, I have other committments until Thursday...If you want screenshots now, I can post them, but their isn't much there except a couple blank screens with debug information displaying which file is syncing and how many bytes have downloaded..wait, that's pretty close to what the finished product will display too!!!

Anywho, I'll display a few screenshots of the palm pre app and the windows app by Saturday.

On a sidenote, because of this project, I finally have music on my pre plus, and music remix ROCKS! Oh, and pictures work just as well, and word docs, and zip files, and video (mp4 only ...)
    This sounds awesome! I love my Zune!!...and my Pre gets better all the time!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Any update on the progress?
    Bell Pre since August 27 2009
    HP Touchpad since July 1 2011
    Development/Design contribution to:
    Wow, just wow. I dont have a webOS device, and was thinking that the app selection was a bit weak compared to android(quality, not quantity..), but this, this is super amazing!!!!
    Great Job!
    Great great job!
    Ok, my weekend did not go according to plan. With 1.4 dropping on Sprint, then Verizon, Palm decided to break API calls across the board for the greater good of HTML 5. So I spent a good chunk of time updating our apps and providing consulting to those who needed help getting on the 1.4 bandwagon. While 1.4 acts quite differently, I am in the process of making minor changes to get Wifi Media Sync working again. I will say that 1.4 has lifted the downloading max speed and the app syncs files MUCH faster than before!

I know I promised screenshots by last Saturday, and my apologies for not hitting that target, so I am going to go on record and say that I will have screenshots of the Palm app tomorrow. For now, here is a screenshot of the windows client.

Progress Report:
    Windows client is fully functional and tracks which files have been synced to unlimited devices (syncing 3 devices before 1.4 update)
    Windows client will sit in your system tray
    Palm App will be a manual configuration in 1.0, but config is simple (i.e. you must add IP address manually)
    Palm App syncs ALL TYPES of files over wi-fi
    Still need to make 1.4 compat.
    Still need to implement "skip file" functionality in Palm App, to allow users to skip files one at a time.
    Need to add user instructions
    Need to add Settings scene
    Need to add download link for Windows client

Thanks goes out to all that have supported this effort!
    Attached Images Attached Images
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast