Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Would it be difficult to implement the ability to control the Zune software on your PC via the Pre?
    Wow this is awesome!!! Cant wait!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjcarter View Post
    Would it be difficult to implement the ability to control the Zune software on your PC via the Pre?
    Not sure, but I've made a windows media remote player controller in the past to controll music like a juke box, which I cannablized for this project, if you are interested, I could look at porting that, in it's purest form, to support Palm Pre. Zune used to be based on Windows Media Player, but I'm not sure it that statemement holds true any more
    Wifi Media Sync 3.0 now available for PC and Mac OSX.
    Quote Originally Posted by infamousdutch View Post
    Not sure, but I've made a windows media remote player controller in the past to controll music like a juke box, which I cannablized for this project, if you are interested, I could look at porting that, in it's purest form, to support Palm Pre. Zune used to be based on Windows Media Player, but I'm not sure it that statemement holds true any more
    Thanks for the quick reply.

Yeah I'd love an app like that. If you decide to start developing, I'd be more than willing to help test.
    I love using Zune to manage media, it's a lot more user friendly to me than iTunes. It would be great to use it to fully sync my Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattaspira View Post
    I love using Zune to manage media, it's a lot more user friendly to me than iTunes. It would be great to use it to fully sync my Pre.
    Ok then, quick poll: Would you rather control which content is added to your WebOS phone FROM your phone, or from your PC?

Right now, I have a GUI to control what's downloaded via the Palm App, but we could twist this to have a Windows app control what gets added to your Palm Pre?
    Please give feedback!

Either way, we will still need an app on each end. I have my own thoughts on this, but I will withhold them until I hear your opinions.
    hopefully this can do files too! Not just mp3. I would like to control it from my PC honestly, i'll be using the PC to move files around anyways.
    Last edited by davenukem; 02/17/2010 at 06:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by davenukem View Post
    hopefully this can do files too! Not just mp3. I would like to control it from my PC honestly, i'll be using the PC to movie files around anyways.
    Dave, think of this as a one-stop-shop for sending files to your Palm Pre/Pixi: ALL File Types!
    holy crap! Awesome!
    I hate to say it, but both would be preferred. Whats nice about the Zune is all you have to do is hit sync, and it automatically copies everything you specified via sync relationships with various types of media. This would be a very cool implementation.
    It would also be cool to have the Pre/ Pixi serve as a Wifi-enabled mass storage device of sorts. That way we could drag and drop anything we needed from our PC's to the Pre over WIFI.

Thanks again for the hard work and dedication!!
    Quote Originally Posted by amistak View Post
    I hate to say it, but both would be preferred. Whats nice about the Zune is all you have to do is hit sync, and it automatically copies everything you specified via sync relationships with various types of media. This would be a very cool implementation.
    It would also be cool to have the Pre/ Pixi serve as a Wifi-enabled mass storage device of sorts. That way we could drag and drop anything we needed from our PC's to the Pre over WIFI.

Thanks again for the hard work and dedication!!
    I'm liking the ideas, but I still need more feedback! I'll wait a day or so before making a decision on which way we will proceed with this product.

Am I the only one excited about this?
    i say control from the pc
    id say control from the phone, or have options for both. why control from the pc over wifi when you can just plug your phone into it while you're there?
    Quote Originally Posted by malecslomas View Post
    id say control from the phone, or have options for both. why control from the pc over wifi when you can just plug your phone into it while you're there?
    Valid point! However, you can setup your PC to "watch" specific folders. Once that's setup, anytime a new file is added to the "watch" folders (or sub folders/directories), you're phone will pull it down on the next sync!

Thoughts?
    i would perfer to have both, please remember to make available to all user if its going to be a paid app (not another usa only paid app)

also any chance you could get the remote controller to work with media monkey?
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    that would be amazing...I am zune user and it would be a KILLER app to sync to music via wifi... Wow
    this sounds too good to be true. If it is... I would like to control it from my phone. But I like the idea of a "watch" folder.
    Controlling from the PC would be faster...but it depends on the functionality I guess. If you can do a quick and easy search right on the phone then why not.....also since your pc is always on and can always be put into "share mode" it would be easy to just search its files through the phone.....wait i am not the developer here lol no idea what im talking about
    Quote Originally Posted by infamousdutch View Post
    We now have a quick and dirty GUI for the Palm app! You can now connect to your library and browse folders and files. Tapping on a file downloads it to your phone! It currently takes a minute to download a 4 mb file. We will look at adding the ability to download a complete folder or even your library.

There are some technical challenges on ther server component that I need to work out before this weekend, I'll keep you up to date!
    You are the man!
    Control from phone end if I have to make a decision but both would be preferable if this is possible.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast