Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenjxn View Post
    heres my thoughts...Take the damn phone away from her. Why give a child a if you are afraid of what she will do with it. How about a BAD parent button for Palm Pre?
    Haha, it's true, if there are features on the Pixi you don't want your daughter using, you shouldn't have gotten her a Pixi!
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    a decent calendar app (hopefully Agendus by end of summer)
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    slingplayer mobile
    sirius satellite radio
    voice recorder
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    I'd like to see a good webcam viewer app.

A good starting point could be webcams.travel. They have published an API how to access the various cams.

Cheers.
  5.    #65  
    Just in case anyone wants to know, I've started working on a Tumblr app! You can view the topic from the main forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by miata View Post
    An outliner like the old BrainForest on PalmOS
    Outline Tracker is available: Outline Tracker Features
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    i would like to see a quick yellow pages/white pages search.

kind of like tryda, but webos-y
    you mean like YPMobile? It will show you where you are on a map and where the places are you're looking for like a poor mans nav. It's been pretty useful.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    i was with a buddy yesterday, he has a jail broke iphone and we were comparing patches, tweeks, and etc i came across a cool little application you see i live in nyc and walk, train, or buss everywhere that just means i text and email while walking anyhoo, he has an app that uses the camera as a view finder so you can bang out a message while walking and not bump into anything i am totally guilty of this, and thought it was the greatest thing since chewin' gum! well thanks for your time i hope you think about this
    What is it with palm? they releasea phone, say it can rival the iPhone yet the app store is loaded with mostly rubbish. here in the UK we have got utter rubbish in our app store. No London Tube app, no Sky news, no travel app from the highways agency (road status, traffic and accident updates) no UK newspaper app, no uk radio apps. Looking at my GF iPhone makes me sick with tthe choice of the ones i want to see.

Not holding much hope of getting any of these when pai apps get here. If Palm can't get these people to write these apps than people will get a phone that has them.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    well instead of comlaining maybe you shoud do something like I don't know contact geezer network or chelvis industries (they made map apps of the nyc subway and sf bart railway) and tell them you would be quite happy if they made an application for the london tube and you could even donate to help the r & d of the project and I just get tired of negative posts hell iphone has a 4 year head start on web os and still can't multi task I would even go as far to say I would rather have one of palms older palm os phones than a brand new 3gs we haven't been running for a year yet so quit complaining and give it time
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by badbird70 View Post
    dish network dvr management app
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by clacombe View Post
    I'm looking for specific app ideas you have. I currently don't have anything else I'm working on and I'd like to see what people think the Palm App Catalog is missing. I'll probably make a few of these apps too!
    We need a Shazaam like app. Some sortof music recognition app. The mic is very underdeveloped as a feature besides talking through it. Someone needs to tap this....thats what she said.
    people have selective memories when it comes to the iphone and choose to only remember how it is now. What growing pains? What bad firmware? What pricing issue? What 1st generation hardware (can you say EDGE?)? And there wasn't an app for that for how long? Either suck it up that you're on a gen 1 device that's less than a year out or go buy an iphone and stop the whining. Of course the iphone is polished and capable. It's been out for almost 4yrs and had two hardware revisions.
  15.    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox McCloud View Post
    We need a Shazaam like app. Some sortof music recognition app. The mic is very underdeveloped as a feature besides talking through it. Someone needs to tap this....thats what she said.
    The mic isn't even a feature available to devs yet. There isn't an API that we can access the mic with. :/
    I need an application that lowers my sales quota and another to add a few hours to each day. Can you whip those up for me?

Thanks!
    Just search in the market for "unemployment". That should solve both of your issues
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I need an application that lowers my sales quota and another to add a few hours to each day. Can you whip those up for me?

Thanks!
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by christo1970 View Post
    and what about a simple parental control app???
    You say in your sig that's is the quality, not the quantity? You mean that if Ruth's Chris served you a 1 ounce steak, you'd be ok with that? sometimes quantity matters, too!
    Quote Originally Posted by clacombe View Post
    Fine, I did "spaz" a little, and whats even more ironic is that I'm 13... The way I understood the "question" or request, w.e. Was that he wanted an app that could turn off the phone, turn off the SMS, turn off the Web and turn off app downloads. And I don't believe you can sell patches on the App Catalog anyway...

Sorry for the "spaz attack" I guess, but still 3 posts on this topic and 1 actual topic post with no responses until now probably means no one is interested...
    There is an app for that. It's called battery saver. It puts it in and out of airplane mode on a schedule you set. It keeps your battery from dying while you are asleep.
    As my eyes continue to get worse, the app I want most is a screen stretcher.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast