Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    What we do need stickied is a thread with individual or unique ideas that can help build WebOS's individual name. Not just "We need THIS app from the Apple App Store!".
    That is so true. But I guess we got to start somewhere. webOS has multitasking. Maybe there are unique App ideas in that area. Anyone?
    Palm V - BlackBerry 8700 - iPhone 3G - Pre Plus
    Apps I like: Backgrounds, 5000 Quotes, Dealert
    I'd love to see something like this so that I can keep my toddler occupied when nothing else works:

babycenter.com/phonyphone-mobile-iphone-application
    I would like a simple, functional parental controls application!!!!
    should be be easy enough, just want to be able to install it, set a password, and have it running on my daughters pixi.

something to be able to turn off:
    the phone
    SMS/MMS
    WEB
    App Downloads

any ideas or someone that can throw this together???
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    Quote Originally Posted by NooraK View Post
    I'd love to see something like this so that I can keep my toddler occupied when nothing else works:

babycenter.com/phonyphone-mobile-iphone-application
    I found PhakePhoney!
    Quote Originally Posted by NooraK View Post
    I found PhakePhoney!
    haha! i'm the dev, and was just going to recommend that and Small Wonders. enjoy! working on getting the volume increased. follow @shanerooni on twitter if you'd like to test apps and give feedback before their release.
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
    and what about a simple parental control app???
    Christo

There are NO Limits
    Quote Originally Posted by christo1970 View Post
    and what about a simple parental control app???
    parental control for what?
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
    The Pre needs a REAL backup utility to back up EVERYTHING on your phone like the old BackUpBuddy used to do on the Treos. The built-in Backup application as we all know now is not a FULL backup of the entire Pre.
    I want an iching application, the best one on palmos was called e-ching. A buddha machine app from fm3. Those brian eno ambient apps bloom, trope - they're on the iphone I guess... Frickin docstogo already of course, does anyone know if there is a freeware version I could use on classic?
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    An outliner like the old BrainForest on PalmOS

EDIT:

The second thing would be Skype.
    Last edited by miata; 03/10/2010 at 07:31 PM.
    I would like to see the following apps:
    1) Slingplayer
    2) Doc to Go
    3) Voice Recorder
    4) Flash plugin for the browser
    should be be easy enough, just want to be able to install it, set a password, and have it running on my daughters pixi.

the phone
    SMS/MMS
    WEB
    App Downloads

There are NO Limits
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by christo1970 View Post

the phone
    SMS/MMS
    WEB
    App Downloads

Jesus we all saw your last 3 posts, you don't need to repeat the same thing 3 times.. And no, it isn't "easy enough". You can't turn off the phone, limit SMS, limit Web or limit app downloads, your app is impossible to make, there happy?
    Quote Originally Posted by clacombe View Post
    Jesus we all saw your last 3 posts, you don't need to repeat the same thing 3 times.. And no, it isn't "easy enough". You can't turn off the phone, limit SMS, limit Web or limit app downloads, your app is impossible to make, there happy?
    spaz a little? it is possible, and i'm sure a patch wouldn't be too tough. you CAN turn off the phone, limit SMS, limit web AND limit app downloads. all you'd have to do is put the phone in airplane mode and set up an easy password prompt to turn airplane mode off.

i'd stick to giving advice/info if you know something, not lashing out when you don't know how to do something.

chris PM'd me and explained the situation, and it seems doable. maybe he just shouldn't have asked in your thread, and posted it in the patch request instead. your response makes you sound like a teenager. ironic, it's his teenage daughter for which he wants to block the phone/data services.
    Follow me on Twitter
    Cubix
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by shanerooni View Post
    spaz a little? it is possible, and i'm sure a patch wouldn't be too tough. you CAN turn off the phone, limit SMS, limit web AND limit app downloads. all you'd have to do is put the phone in airplane mode and set up an easy password prompt to turn airplane mode off.

i'd stick to giving advice/info if you know something, not lashing out when you don't know how to do something.

chris PM'd me and explained the situation, and it seems doable. maybe he just shouldn't have asked in your thread, and posted it in the patch request instead. your response makes you sound like a teenager. ironic, it's his teenage daughter for which he wants to block the phone/data services.
    Fine, I did "spaz" a little, and whats even more ironic is that I'm 13... The way I understood the "question" or request, w.e. Was that he wanted an app that could turn off the phone, turn off the SMS, turn off the Web and turn off app downloads. And I don't believe you can sell patches on the App Catalog anyway...

Sorry for the "spaz attack" I guess, but still 3 posts on this topic and 1 actual topic post with no responses until now probably means no one is interested...
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adambomb13 View Post
    1) Slingplayer
    2) Doc to Go
    3) Voice Recorder
    (Co-sign)
    I would like an app to allow for PPTP VPN and also an app for Remote Desktop Connections (RDC/RDP) for remote access to server.
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by adambomb13 View Post
    1) Slingplayer
    2) Doc to Go
    3) Voice Recorder
    I've actually looked into making the SlingPlayer app, not really sure about DocToGo, Voice Recorder isn't possible yet (as far as I'm aware of), Flash plugin will be out whenever Adobe decides they want to have it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnanderson1234 View Post
    when i use to have an ipod touch i use to play a skee ball game all the time it was fun and entertaining i would really like to see this game on palm pixi since we havent got any high end games like need for speed or anything i know its not a must have or an organizational tool but its fun
    Roller Ball is a pretty good skeeball game for webOS

http://www.precentral.net/app-galler...og/roller-ball
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by clacombe View Post
    heres my thoughts...Take the damn phone away from her. Why give a child a if you are afraid of what she will do with it. How about a BAD parent button for Palm Pre?
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast