Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    intelliscreen...
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by dvsbyknight View Post
    1) I REALLY REALLY need an app that tracks my business miles using location services. I use the same vehicle for personal & business use & currently I'm using "Mylez" but in that app I have to input my starting mileage and stopping mileage. That method is not much different than using a paper log and writing it in. I would love to be able to just hit something like "start trip" & "stop trip" when I'm using it for business and have gps calculate the mileage. Because it's for tax deduction purposes it would need to be able to combine & calculate all business mileage for a specific period of time (i.e. the whole year for income taxes). I imagine this would be very useful to a large number of small business owners that drive their personal vehicle for work purposes.
    Wow I love this idea, I'm going to start working on this as soon as possible.

2) I also need a voice memo recording app but I assume there must be some roadblocks for developers since it seems like an obvious app idea but no one has made one yet.
    This would be simple to make but Palm hasn't released V1.4 of the WebOS or SDK which will give access the the microphone service!
    A four track audio recorder! Killer app for musicians looking to sketch out an idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by clacombe View Post
    Wow I love this idea, I'm going to start working on this as soon as possible.
    Great, that is exciting! I'd be more than willing to beta test this for you!
    According to this review (precentral.net/review-outline-tracker), the Outline Tracker app is based on GTD.
    Calorie Counter by Fatsecret
    Redlaser - Not sure who is is
    by.
  7.    #27  
    I have started the trip calculator app. I will be calling it "Zoovio" and I am currently about 40% finished with it. Follow me on Twitter for real time updates on what I'm doing. I will hopefully release some snapshots on my blog, I'm going to work on the UI a bit and clean up the design.
    I have started the trip calculator app. I will be calling it "Zoovio" and I am currently about 40% finished with it. Follow me on Twitter for real time updates on what I'm doing. I will hopefully release some snapshots on my blog, I'm going to work on the UI a bit and clean up the design.
    Progress report on this?
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas89134 View Post
    Progress report on this?
    Well I'm still working on it, lol. I think it's coming along pretty well. It'll probably be two to three weeks before it is finished.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Would like to see a GARMIN EDGE 705 GPS LIKE APP w/ same features. I doubt this can happen.

https: //buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=160&pID=10885

I have not posted 10 or greater so, I added a space after HTTPS:
    All i want is a decent google voicemail app that does basic functionality...

a) displays list of voicemails
    b) shows transcribed messages
    c) lets you listen to the message through both the regular speaker and speakerphone.
    d) ability to set message as "read", "unread" or delete.

gdial did most of this fairly well though it could've had a nicer interface. I'd be perfectly happy with just the voicemail part of gdial.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orly View Post
    i believe Visual Voicemail will be great for pre.
    The YesView app for YouMail.com is pretty good. Free visual voicemail! I've been using it about a month now. Only two drawbacks:

1) Only plays through the speaker
    2) Volume is low sometimes

PreCentral just reviewed it: http://www.precentral.net/quick-app-youview

Quote Originally Posted by kabbisa View Post
    i would LOVE an aplication where to keep track of my "personal things".

I want to be able to write down my weight from time to time, and to be able to look up stadistics about it. But i do not want a diet app...

I do not want a pregnant-time app, .. what i need is to know when my period is coming, so as to not schedule a (i don't know) a nudist lunch that day.

I want to be able to write down in that "personal" calendar all those "personal" things you need to tell the doctor when going on an ordinary visit
    (like if you go regular to the toilet, or if you have a minor issue in the skin that may oscilate day by day to be able to write down and review those oscilations, or if my period is getting stronger or lighter, shorter o longer, or if ...)

Well, a "personal" sort of calendary.

((with the iphone, i found i.period -winkypass- very much alike to what i needed))
    Search "Pink Pad" in the App Catalog...
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    I have a billion ideas! I'm still hoping someone will build a Patch/App that will move the cursor Left-to-Right, when the phone is tilted. I hate using the Orange-Key and Drag. So that would be something I would buy. I should post the ideas I had in the App Idea Box here so hopefully someone can build them.
    TV Guide App.
    we need to make a sticky thread for app request n games to port from iphone. Mayb devs will make their way to our forum n see wat we want..lol that would be a precentral front page worthy thread
    Slingplayer!
    I'd rather see a hardware fix for that one....cough cough trackpad cough cough.....
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    I have a billion ideas! I'm still hoping someone will build a Patch/App that will move the cursor Left-to-Right, when the phone is tilted. I hate using the Orange-Key and Drag. So that would be something I would buy. I should post the ideas I had in the App Idea Box here so hopefully someone can build them.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irocdaspot513 View Post
    we need to make a sticky thread for app request n games to port from iphone. Mayb devs will make their way to our forum n see wat we want..lol that would be a precentral front page worthy thread
    On the contrary, porting from the iPhone is old news, and most if not all apps with ANY kind of demand will eventually be ported. What we do need stickied is a thread with individual or unique ideas that can help build WebOS's individual name. Not just "We need THIS app from the Apple App Store!".

Just my $0.02
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    I'd rather see a hardware fix for that one....cough cough trackpad cough cough.....
    I just want this option. So whether through a patch or app; I just want it. So I'm cool with either way.
    I'm looking for specific app ideas you have. I currently don't have anything else I'm working on and I'd like to see what people think the Palm App Catalog is missing. I'll probably make a few of these apps too!
    As a frequent user of special characters (scandinavian) I found that the Shotcut5 for PalmOS was sheer genious. Would love that on the Pre !
    WebOS still makes sense.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast