1.    #1  
    I recently had to doctor my Pre and now I can't get Preware to install on my phone. I have webos v. 1.3.5.1 installed on my phone and I'm using webos quick install v. 3 and webos doctor for 1.3.5.1. Does anybody know why this happened? I also noticed now that I don't have patches on my Pre that my battery life has greatly improved. While I like Preware, I'm wondering if I should stay patch free although there are a few that I would like to have.

I'm eager to get suggestions to my problem.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    +1 on this issue.
    My sister just got a pre and I was helping her with getting Preware set up. She's running a brand new Sprint Pre, 1.3.5.1, and Preware installer doesn't want to run.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    did you make sure the phone is in developer's mode? that's something I always forget to do first.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hdawg5000 View Post
    did you make sure the phone is in developer's mode? that's something I always forget to do first.
    Yes, phone is in Dev Mode. WebOS Quick Install recognized the Pre fine, and I used Quick Install to install the DevMode Launcher app. It's only the Preware Installer that won't work.
  5.    #5  
    Yes my phone is doing the same thing. I'm in Dev Mode and I can get other apps and themes to install. It's just Preware that won't install. So BigGP's sister and myself are in the same boat.