1.    #1  
    Decided I wanted to get into pre dev on my pre.. I root my pre and install the webos doctor. I then reroot the pre (enable dev mode), and click "Install" with the most recent preware installer (0.9.18).. They're in the same folder when I ran the jar, everything seems fine. I restart the pre, and the app isn't there... I repeat the process, and nothing happens.. Everything seems to be going fine but it's not.

Any idea what's causing this?
    must install package manager service 1st
    LEt me begin by saying I have successfully installed preware on my phone however with all my tweaking and updating I started getting to many ipkg errors. I have read the forums and I am at my wits end.

So I did a full erase and then did webdoctor immeadiately thereafter. It does find my device but doesnt let me tweak or do anything. I download Package Manager Service to phone and it goes through process but never gets there, The program remains in the Quick Install download screen as if I never clicked it at all.

I have done this several times and I get this error when trying to use WebOS Quickinstall.

ERROR 5:

Command: put file:///media/cryptofs/apps/etc/ipkg/arch.conf
    Reply:file open failed

Click OK

Then I get

Tweaking requesting requires both GNU Patch and Diff Stat installed to function. One or both of these are missing from your device. Would you like to download and install them now?

Click yes then.

This may take upto a minute to complete, so please be patient. Click OK to beigin

Click OK

Then I get

ERROR: An Error occurred while attempting to install file.ipk

Clearing state_want and state_flag for pkg=org.webosinternals.patch(arch_priority=0 flag=16 want=2)
    An error occurred, return value 4.
    Collected errors:
    Cannot find package org.webosinternals.patch.
    Check the spelling or perhaps run ipkg update

Click OK

Then I Get

Org.webosinternals.patch_2.5.9-3_armv7.ipk downloaded and installed!

Click OK

Then I get.

Clearing state_want and state_flag for pkg=org.webosinternals.diffstat(arch_priority=0 flag=16 want=2)
    An error occurred, return value 4.
    Collected errors:
    Cannot find package org.webosinternals.diffstat.
    Check the spelling or perhaps run ipkg update
    Click OK

Then I get

Org.webosinternals.diffstat_1.45_armv7.ipk downloaded and installed!

Click OK

Then I get

It brings me to tweak screen.
    search webos repair utility and download it into the same folder as webos doctor and run it but you want to run it in override which you can find in the dropdown menu at the top of the program when you open it.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    ERROR: File does not correspond a valid webOS Doctor file for the version of webOS on your device.

As far as I know I have the most recent version of WebOS Doctor and my phone is updated to 1.3.5.1

And I did set it to override.

Was I just supposed to run the utility? or am I supposed to do a full erase again?
    it should have asked you if you want to download the current version for your phone lol delete any version of web doctor you have and run it again
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    I run the Repair Utility and it starts to scan but then stops at the following place....

Scanning:/usr/lib/lina/system/lina-applauncher/images/fade-arrow-up.png

I've tried it twice
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny3378 View Post
    I run the Repair Utility and it starts to scan but then stops at the following place....

Scanning:/usr/lib/lina/system/lina-applauncher/images/fade-arrow-up.png

I've tried it twice
    it should give you an option to fix all when that pops up click fix all or repair all

ok open web repair utility and click options in the top and click on override compatibility the run the program. this will take all your tweaks off your phone but may fix your issue .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    nothing pops up... just frozen with 'please wait' button depressed
    so..................... ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    I've tried it a few times... i walked away for like 20 mins and it was stil frozen on the above file... nothing pops up it gives no other options... I'm sorry I'm not super savy with this I just follow best I can what is posted here. So I can't offer anymore detail than I have.

Should I do a full erase again? These are the steps I did...

1. Full erase
    2. Immediately Doctor w/o signing in to my Plam Profile
    3. Then update to 1.3.5.1 WebOS
    4. Attempt Quick Install
    why r u not doctoring with the 1.3.5.1 doctor then you would not need to update
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    the bottom link in my signature is all the versions of doctor there is
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Sorry for the mix up... I now have the correct webos doctor...

I just did the following...

1. Full erase
    2. Immeadiately WebOS Doctored w/o signing in
    3. Then i signed in top my palm profile (was this a mistake??)
    4. Attempted Quick Install of Package Managaer Service & Preware same
    errors as above
    5. Attempted WebOS Repair and it again hung up on the same file

It gave me no other options nor did I get any pop ups

Again not very savy with this and new to forum

Thank you for you help and patience with me!
    This is what I just did..

1. Full erase
    2. Immediately webos doctor with most recent version w/o signing in
    3. Signed in to my palm profile
    4. attempted quick install most recent version.. no luck see above errors
    5. tried webos repair utility with override turned on and it freezes at fade
    -arrow-up.png everytime...

Not sure what I am doing wrong... I deleted all versions of WOSQI, WOS Doc and Repair off my system and downloaded most recent versions from scratch

Should I do WebOS Repair before signing into my palm profile?
    Just got it to work... I used the Preware/IPKG Installer and I got Preware on there finally... and it works! Lets see if I start getting those ipkg errors though.. fingers crossed..