1.    #1  
    I'm a 3D artist and I'd like to work on a game for Palm Pre. Since the Pre can handle multitouch, I'm thinking it could simulate 2 analog joysticks on the screen. If the game code can alter the system volume, then the volume keys could also be taken over and act as Shoot and Jump buttons.

I don't know if 3D game development is possible on the homebrew front, but if people can do ports of Quake, I'm hopeful. If anyone has been thinking about doing a Shooter, but been held back for lack of art resources, then I'm you're man. I have lots of experience making the most of the fewest polygons.
    I want this too! ANYONE WILLING?
    This will be entirely possible once the new development kit is released. However I think the kit that is used here has access to the GPU through openGL which means that it is possible now through homebrew. I also believe that the volume buttons can be remapped for certain applications (refer to the patch that uses volume buttons to snap pictures in the camera app).
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    1st person shooter? Sounds great, lock and load!

Ohhh you mean a GAME... (puts gun away sadly)
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.