Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    Drew, do you not have a Pre?

(you keep saying you haven't tested out of emulator) I have extra Sprint Pre's lying around..
    Please send him one... It would definitely help!
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Sent. From one Alpharettan to another. Blessings
    I'm in TN, not GA, but I just chipped in to offer some help and to say thanks for your hard work. The latest version of the app is excellent. I love having the option to pick what information is backed up.

Best wishes for you and your family.

Rob
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    When you go to backup, it lets you select applications & application data. What applications & data are backed up? I need to doctor my phone and I don't mind losing most data except for one program. I know it sounds silly to worry about the data for a game, but I'm on level 461 of Word Whirl and don't relish the idea of having to start over. If you need a copy to test, there's a trial in the app catalog.

Thanks,
    Panagiotis
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Thanks to everyone who contributed both before and after my last post. I appreciate it greatly.

@govotsos, see my post in the other thread

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post2464921

Palm Pre Backup Utility...done!
    Locate Pre....done!
    I'm sorry, I read all through that thread and wasn't able to find a list of what apps & data Pre Backup backs up. Is there a list somewhere? Maybe something like Save/Restore's built in list of supported apps?
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Pre Backup Util creates a backup of /var/palm/data and /media/internal/.app-storage. The former has the cookies database file and the databases.db file which has the full path and filename of all application databases. The apps themselves are a backup of the entire /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications direrctory... excluding patches and various other webos-internals apps. So anything in that directory is backed up. Again, except for patches and webos-internals software. I didn't test individual apps.

If you're using Palm backup, then when you log into your Palm profile prior to a restore ... your apps will be automatically reinstalled and their databases and cookies will be setup at that time. The filenames and cookies will more than likely be different that what is in your backup. In otherwords you'll lose application settings.

The workaround is to turn Palm Profile backup completely "OFF"! Let it delete all backups it sends to the cloud. [You lose settings and data with Palm Backup anyway.] Then perform a backup with Pre Backup Utility. That way your applications and settings in the backup will be in tact after you preform a restore.

Locate Pre....done!
    question: let's say after a doctor and sign-in to palm profile (which restores apps, etc.), couldn't you just restore with PreBackup on top of palm profile's restore?

Thanks for your hard work btw. And sorry to hear about your circumstances - things will work themselves out. Hang in there friend.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    yes, you could. The settings for those apps may not be retained though. The app themselves will be there.

Thank you for your words of support. It is appreciated. Unfortunately I am not getting enough money to cover the rent for May. I am still short, and apparently it will get worse before it gets better. I just got into an accident. I young girl pulled out into the intersection in front of me at the last minute and then she froze when she saw me.

Also, the sheriff has already posted the eviction notice last wednesday. I have till next wednesday to respond. Responding would give me an extra 7 days but if I don't have the money by Monday. I will go into salvage mode and try to save anything I can. I have no where to go tho.

Locate Pre....done!
    Thanks a lot for the info. I hope things in your life turn around soon.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I sent a little something your way. It's not much, but hopefully every bit helps. Good luck man.
    Does this touch sprint navigation at all?
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    No. Not the current version.

Thanks again to all who have contributed. I am not in danger of eviction any longer. I still need the support of your continued donations and a real income for that matter but I had an interview this week that went really wel and have a second interview next week. I'll keep you posted.

Also, I am working on another update. One that will provide support for ALL HTML 5 DB enabled applications and their settings/data as well as cross-version support of webOS.

Locate Pre....done!
    Hmmm. Either this or Save/Restore is screwing up Sprint Nav. After a Dr. and then the subsequent restore using this and Save/Restore, Sprint Nav is getting errors that many around here are reporting but there hasn't been a connection made as of yet to any specific app and I believe it is either this or Save/Restore.
    After reading some more I believe it is this program that is causing problems for some people. See the following threads:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...gps-error.html

http://forums.precentral.net/general...orruption.html

Your program backs up /var/palm/data/file_.usr.palm.applications.com.telenav.app.sprintnavigation_0/ and in that directory there is a database (.db) file for Sprint Nav.
    Last edited by lcars123; 05/27/2010 at 08:30 AM.
    Fixed it...

I deleted the .db file in /var/palm/data/file_.usr.palm.applications.com.telenav.app.sprintnavigation_0/

After launching Sprint Nav it will create a new .db file

Navigation works and the errors are no longer present.
    Good luck on your interviews DrewPre!
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Accidentally posted this in the other thread, but it might be more appropriate here (mods feel free to delete the other one if you see fit):

What kind of reboot is required after doing this; just a standard, partial erase, or full erase (I remember with the old DB3 method I think you had to do a full erase after restoration)?

Second, I'm having a problem with WebOS versions. I'm mostly interested in my text messages (some important info in there), but I did a backup with all the options selected. My old Pre was broken, so I did a quick backup and got my TEP replacement. I'm 99.999% certain that I had the most up-to-date version of WebOS. I updated my new phone, ran the restoration, and it told me the versions didn't match (backup made on older WebOS). I tried it anyway...no dice. I used an old DR to go back to 1.4.0 and it gave me the same message and again, got no texts restored. Unless I'm seriously forgetting something that I did, I don't know how it's possible that I made that backup on anything before 1.4.0.

Any guidance?
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Yea, I guess I misspoke. Although my app doesn't touch the Sprint NAV application itself. It does touch the dB file for this app and it's directory. Subsequently during restore it restores the DB file when [presumably after a webos doctor] the app has yet to be run and thus create a db file for itself.

This will be resolved in the next version of the app. It will export tables from html 5 db enabled apps and when it is called upon to restore a specific app it will attempt to import those tables back into the app's db file. IF AND ONLY IF the db file exists, otherwise it writes to a log and leaves it alone.

In the interim I could create an update to exclude "file_.usr.palm.*" directories... but thus far I've only heard of two cases that would warrant this update. If there is more then let me know and I will release such an update.

Othewise, I am almost done with the core logic for the update referenced above that will render this problem irrelevant. And it seems that the workaround you've found seems easy enough to hold out for the major update I am planning.

Quote Originally Posted by lcars123 View Post
    Fixed it...

I deleted the .db file in /var/palm/data/file_.usr.palm.applications.com.telenav.app.sprintnavigation_0/

After launching Sprint Nav it will create a new .db file

Navigation works and the errors are no longer present.

Locate Pre....done!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief85 View Post
    Accidentally posted this in the other thread, but it might be more appropriate here (mods feel free to delete the other one if you see fit):

What kind of reboot is required after doing this; just a standard, partial erase, or full erase (I remember with the old DB3 method I think you had to do a full erase after restoration)?

Second, I'm having a problem with WebOS versions. I'm mostly interested in my text messages (some important info in there), but I did a backup with all the options selected. My old Pre was broken, so I did a quick backup and got my TEP replacement. I'm 99.999% certain that I had the most up-to-date version of WebOS. I updated my new phone, ran the restoration, and it told me the versions didn't match (backup made on older WebOS). I tried it anyway...no dice. I used an old DR to go back to 1.4.0 and it gave me the same message and again, got no texts restored. Unless I'm seriously forgetting something that I did, I don't know how it's possible that I made that backup on anything before 1.4.0.

Any guidance?
    +1 for me as well. Backed up my Sprint Pre running 1.4.1.1, doctored first to 1.1.0 (to wipe the Pre clean) then doctored to 1.4.1.1. Attempted a restore and was prompted that the version didn't match. Restored anyway, after which the Pre said it needed to do a restore of it's own.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    did you setup & log into all of your accounts [yahoo, gmail, facebook, etc] and allow them to finish syncing prior to the restore?

Try that first but also send me the file located here....

/var/home/root/.app-storage/file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.tntservices.prebackup_0

and tell me the job number and date of the archive you're trying to restore.

Locate Pre....done!
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast