Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112
    Quote Originally Posted by hgs_01 View Post
    this appp work in webos 2.0?
    If you are asking about the Backup Utility, please read Rod's post above, the warning in the first post, and the thread title.

You shouldn't use this app for webOS 1, 2, or whatever is next.

The best way to backup your Pre is to use a combination of the "saved package list" feature in Preware, and the preware app called "Save/Restore"
    Wouldn't it be wise to just remove this from the feed & close / delete this thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    Wouldn't it be wise to just remove this from the feed & close / delete this thread?
    The author cannot be contacted it seems. It's PreCentral's call whether they consider the issue serious enough to pull an app and a thread without the author's consent. It would be a difficult decision to make and a significant precedent would be set if such a decision was made.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I had been using this app to back up my Pre over the last year or so and had not seen this thread. A few days ago, I ran a backup and it got stuck. Today, I discovered the database for an app I frequently use is gone. There was data in it I don't have stored anywhere else. Is there any hope of recovering it? Gone forever?
    I just wish I'd had a look at this thread before I backed up my Pre because I had to send it away to be repaired. So I now have a backup which I can't restore

It's work fine before the last time I doctored my pre
    If a manufacturer can't be reached and is MIA, and their product is doing some damage. Usually the government pulls the products for the safety of the people.

I say we do this democratically..... vote and and either pull it or leave it... whats going to happen with 2.0?... you know someone is going to see this in the feed an hose their phone.

+1 vote from me, to pull it until author says to put it back up, or thanks us for taking it down.
    I understand we aren't supposed to use this but does anyone have any suggestions of how to get all my stuff back?
    did you try the save/restore app?

what are you trying to get back? And what is the situation
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    did you try the save/restore app?

what are you trying to get back? And what is the situation
    I am trying to get back the database from an app called Poker Session Tracker. It disappeared after trying to do a backup.

I was unaware of the issues with the app as I had been using it periodically to do a backup. Never had an occasion to restore and I never saw the posts on how the app went downhill.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I am stuck on the palm logo, its not even glowing. Will the webos doctor help me? ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The author cannot be contacted it seems. It's PreCentral's call whether they consider the issue serious enough to pull an app and a thread without the author's consent. It would be a difficult decision to make and a significant precedent would be set if such a decision was made.

-- Rod
    Is it unreasonable to modify the text displayed when the app is browsed in Preware to say - This app has known isues - please review Precentral.net thread found here (url) before using.

To me this kind of minor edit would be the easiest way to protect those unaware of the potential pitfalls - without ripping the app out w/o consent.

PS - Why is this in the WebOS Development forum?
    This thread should be taken down as this app is known to corrupt data bases.
    <Thread closed>
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112