Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    To expound on this:

When DOTM is enabled your EVDO connection is not severed when a call comes in. However, the call goes straight to voicemail.

When DOTM is disabled your EVDO connections is paused and you are allowed to accept the incoming call. When you finish your incoming call the EVDO connection is restored.

CDMA currently does have the capability to use both at once (in development), however, the towers employed by Sprint do not.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    yeah, it's been discussed a only a million times in this forum. If some one calls me as a lifeline on a game show I guess I am SOL.
    Unless of course you're sitting in your living room like the guy in the commercial... in which case you'd probably already have your Pre on WiFi. haha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Wikipedia EVDV compared to EVDO.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I was playing brothers in arms yesterday on the bus next to a guy with his iphone. I got a call, paused the game and answered it. While I was on the call the I got a text message so I put it on speaker and I replied to the text, swiped back to BiA and continued to play. The iphone guy glared like I was the antichrist. Maybe I can't browse and talk at the same time but I'm not sure I really miss that feature.
    Haha that just made my day!

Quote Originally Posted by xome1983 View Post
    I was playing brothers in arms yesterday on the bus next to a guy with his iphone. I got a call, paused the game and answered it. While I was on the call the I got a text message so I put it on speaker and I replied to the text, swiped back to BiA and continued to play. The iphone guy glared like I was the antichrist. Maybe I can't browse and talk at the same time but I'm not sure I really miss that feature.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by xome1983 View Post
    Um, maybe or maybe he was annoyed that you were taking a call on speakerphone on a public bus.
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Um, maybe or maybe he was annoyed that you were taking a call on speakerphone on a public bus.
    If he was he'd be a hypocrite because he was talking on speaker when I sat down next to him. I guess next time I share I'll make sure I include every little detail so people don't nit pick.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12