Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Not a developer, wish I was. This may be an easy thing to port from an existing Iphone app, again, I don't know.

I am just starting the Couch potato to 5K program, and if I have to look at my watch again just to see that I have to jog for 30 more seconds, I'm gonna kill somebody.

Beginning features I would like to see:
    Timers for the 9 week program
    GPS to show distance ( don't care about tracking route on a map)
    Start / Stop button ( I'm a control freak)

There are advanced functions, I think the Iphone has an automated way to cue your playlist based on the time (upbeat music when it's time to jog/run, slower when it's time to walk). I don't need those, and I don't have an Iphone, but I hear the app is pretty good.

I just began the program today, it would be awesome to have an app quick? Anybody up for the challenge?

Thanks!
    OH Yea!
    I'd love that app! I've done the couch potato to 5k running program before and it does suck. BUT it works. Now that I'm a couch potato again, I'm starting it over, but that app would sure make it more fun!
    Last edited by NurseLisa; 02/01/2010 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Can't spell today
    Good luck with that!
    I would suggest you post app requests over in the WebOS Development forums as these requests will be seen by the actual developers over there.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Just thought I'd chime in to mention that I've done the C25K program and it works. By "works" I mean that at the beginning I literally could not run more than a minute without stopping and by the end I could run 5K without stopping. Neat!
    would really love to see this app
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Good luck with that!
    I would suggest you post app requests over in the WebOS Development forums as these requests will be seen by the actual developers over there.
    Newmann: Really hate giving a thanks to a Pack fan (Go Bucs) yeah, I know, but we'll be back! Thanks for the tip.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayrot View Post
    Just thought I'd chime in to mention that I've done the C25K program and it works. By "works" I mean that at the beginning I literally could not run more than a minute without stopping and by the end I could run 5K without stopping. Neat!
    That's where I am. At a touch over 300 lbs, I gotta do something. This sounded good! The idea that it does work is great, thanks for the motivation!
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    +1 on the app request
    I would like to say that it IS NOT easy to port iPhone applications over to WebOS.

The exception being those written in c++/c and only if you happen to have the source code and the plug-in SDK.

Also you'd need the permission of the original creator/publisher.

However as an app itself I'm sure those of us looking for good ideas could try, but many of us don't know what the app is nor have and iPhone or touch to look at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by tdogg0413 View Post
    Beginning features I would like to see:
    Timers for the 9 week program
    GPS to show distance ( don't care about tracking route on a map)
    Start / Stop button ( I'm a control freak)
    I'm a couch potato so I don't know anything about this app. What exactly is the "Timers for the 9 week program" include? Is it like a stopwatch? And does it change after each week?
    mobigamedepot.com
    I would also like to see this app make it to webos.
    Morgan, EMT-P
    Couch to 5K is available in palm.
    Now you can download the app from the bellow link
    Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.

Enjoy running....
    A brief introduction about the Couch to 5K
    * After the success of fitness apps like 100 Pushups, 200 Sqauts, 20 Chinups , 200 situps, we come up with Couch to 5K for Palm!!.
    * A perfect companion for the runners, joggers, walkers, marathon training, running, jogging, fitness, exercise, weight loss, performance, police trainers,interval trainers. * This application can help you in getting into a perfect shape.
    * Its a 9 week schedule which will improve your ability to run 5 Km without stopping.
    * Alternate between intervals of jogging & walking in an increasingly challenging set of workouts.
    * Reset the program & start at any point of time.
    For more details please click Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.
    thank you very much. I downloaded 20 chinups and couch to 5k. I hope c25k works with pandora!
    Morgan, EMT-P
    I really like the idea, but an obvious feature to implement is distinctive notifications, whether vibration, sound, or voice prompts ("Now walk for x seconds," etc.) --perhaps allowing the user to choose from a mix of all three--for each phase of the workout. That way you could keep the Pre in your pocket or on an armband and you wouldn't have to look at it. I'd give this a higher rating if it included notifications--I assumed it would when I bought it.
    I'm still on 1.4.5, and this app requires 2.0.

Does anyone know of another one?
    I am in the same boat as schnika. Anyone have suggestions?