Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    So Palm's has partnered with Amazon to download music directly to their devices. Now Apple has created a direct competitor with the Kindle and is possibly causing publishers to pull away from Amazon (Macmillan books gone from Amazon.com, Steve Jobs grins wryly from his throne of golden iPads -- Engadget).

Amazon should have been working on a Kindle App a long time ago for WebOS. . . but if they haven't they should start now.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Amazon is sticking up for it's users by daring to tell publishers they can shove their ridiculous prices where the sun doesn't shine. eBooks are an infinite good with almost no distribution cost, why they're wanting to charge nearly 2 to 3 times as much for a poorly typeset eBook as they do for a soft cover is just insane.

The only reason they're pulling away is because they see Apple as the first decent Kindle/Nook competitor (prices at BN are similar to Amazon for eBooks) can charge higher prices on iBooks. If Apple didn't have the iPad, and didn't have a terrific track record of blitzkrieg'ing entire personal gadget industries (music players, smartphones) they wouldn't be playing hardball with Amazon at all.

It remains to be see whether anyone can read for any amount of time on a low resolution, back lit display.

Give me front-lit, 300dpi color displays or give me a real book!

Now, in the spirit of Dvorak: get off my lawn!
    Amazon.com Customer Service to me
    show details 9:06 AM (4 hours ago)

Hello,

At this time, Kindle application is not available on for Palm WEb OS. We're regularly working on improvements to your Kindle experience. I've let the Kindle team know you're interested in this feature.

Customer feedback like yours helps us continue to improve the service we provide, and we're glad you took time to write to us. The Kindle Team will carefully review your suggestions.

Thanks for your interest in Kindle.

Thank you for your recent inquiry. Did I solve your problem?

If yes, please click here:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/survey...bosnation0e-20

If no, please click here:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/survey...bosnation0e-20

Best regards,

Sai.BLV
    Amazon.com
    Your feedback is helping us build Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company.
    http://www.amazon.com/your-account?tag=webosnation0e-20
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    glad to see they seemed to take your feedback into consideration..i wrote an email recently to Barnes and Noble asking for a WebOS Nook app and got a simple 'not supporting this platform but feel free to download our iPhone/Android app'...blah.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Preader supports the Kindle AZW format and a bunch of others as well.
    With the tablet hitting early next year you can bet there will be Kindle software on it. It's on every other platform and it is in Amazon's best interest to sell more books.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo