1.    #1  
    Please correct any inaccurate info.

Will the Palm Pre receive the ability to handle quicktime movies?
    Is it possible to develop an app or patch to handle this?

The reason I ask is the Iphone has several sites with available full length movies. I asked a friend who has an Iphone how are their streaming movies handled. He said through quicktime. I realize he may be wrong but, if he is not then I am thinking all I would need to play the same movies on my phone would be the ability to handle quicktime movies because our screen resolutions are the same his screen is just larger. One such site is iphonemoviez.net.
  2.    #2  
    anyone know?
    Have you tried to access the site with the iphone spoof installed?
    wait for the unpgrade flash player 10
    well i hope tomorrow we can make that upgrade
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Have you tried to access the site with the iphone spoof installed?
    no I have not. I will though.
    No, I looked into this a while back - there is lots of content on the web that has been specifically re-encoded for the iPhone because it's so popular - installing an iPhone spoof patch will let you view the website, but not the media.

I'd be very surprised if Palm would officially support Quicktime - I just don't think it will happen, sorry. The good news is that Flash for WebOS will be out sometime this month (February) so you will be able to stream a lot more content than your friend currently can
    u rigth i can wait but i read in some site the upgrade will be en the first quarter of the year....that make sick
    for that flash player is for why i don't switch to t-mobile...but 3 0r 4 months i will die lol
    then i don't know how the flash player 10.1 for palm pre gonna be...adobe say in the first half of the year...so then wee can play radios inline i think so
    it will be here before march 1st.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crucian4 View Post
    Please correct any inaccurate info.

Will the Palm Pre receive the ability to handle quicktime movies?
    Is it possible to develop an app or patch to handle this?

The reason I ask is the Iphone has several sites with available full length movies. I asked a friend who has an Iphone how are their streaming movies handled. He said through quicktime. I realize he may be wrong but, if he is not then I am thinking all I would need to play the same movies on my phone would be the ability to handle quicktime movies because our screen resolutions are the same his screen is just larger. One such site is iphonemoviez.net.
    not a solution for the Pre, but there are several programs out there that can convert quicktime movies to files the palm can read. MPEG Streamclip converts to quicktime format and is a piece of cake, it may go the other way too. Good luck.
    Wait for flash and go on hulu?
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    so funny reading these posts about getting the flash player...... its now sept. 8th, 2010...... and we STILL DONT HAVE THE FLASH PLAYER! UNREAL ! NOT FAIR, REMEMBER WHEN ADOBE STATED THAT PALM WAS THE FIRST SMARTPHONE TO GET THE FLASH PLAYER! WHAT HAPPENED?