Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi guys,

I was trying to get this application running on my pre:
    youjf.com/justinput/

Its an App that allows you to type in Chinese characters into your sms, memos etc.

So I first tryed to install it with WebOSQuickInstall and the com.youjf.justinputpy_1.2.2_all.ipk file, but this didn磘 work out, after performing the installation the pre restarts itself, but I can磘 find the app anywhere on the phone.

There is another file to download on the page: JustInputPy1.2.2.zip, but I have no clue how to install it...has install.sh inside for example.

I hope someone can help me fix this problem,

thanks!
    from 1.2.x on, the application is no longer an app, it's made as a built-in application/software
    after it is installed, you will not have a icon in the app list. try to double click on the guesture area when you are typing a message or a memo etc. after double click the IME is active (from version 1.2.5 on, you can see a green status image top left of the screen), type pinyin to input chinses

have fun
    jefferycn,
    Is it possible to install 1.2.5 with WebOSQuickInstall? I only see an .ipk link for 1.2.3.

Thanks!

Edit: I tried to install 1.2.3 via WebOSQuickInstall, then rebooted (twice). But the input menu does not pop up when I double-tap the gesture area. The older Justinput app is still installed. Do I need to delete that first?
    Last edited by Dr.Grace; 02/13/2010 at 03:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    jefferycn,
    Is it possible to install 1.2.5 with WebOSQuickInstall? I only see an .ipk link for 1.2.3.

Thanks!

Edit: I tried to install 1.2.3 via WebOSQuickInstall, then rebooted (twice). But the input menu does not pop up when I double-tap the gesture area. The older Justinput app is still installed. Do I need to delete that first?
    Justinput app has no relations to the hack one(i mean 1.2.x version Justinput software). In your situation, I assume the software is not installed correctly which i never met. and 1 more thing is the system should reboot only once after you install 1.2.3.

Maybe both you and me should wait the coming 1.4 rom, and then Justinput will have the admin console, it should make sense.
    Anyone know if it might be possible to port this for Japanese input instead of Chinese input? No disrespect to jeffreycn, I think the implementation is amazing. I just don't know Chinese and Japanese input would be more beneficial to me. I'm looking through the source now to try and figure out how it works, but I'm a serious amateur with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jefferycn View Post
    Justinput app has no relations to the hack one(i mean 1.2.x version Justinput software). In your situation, I assume the software is not installed correctly which i never met. and 1 more thing is the system should reboot only once after you install 1.2.3.

Maybe both you and me should wait the coming 1.4 rom, and then Justinput will have the admin console, it should make sense.
    Unfortunately I couldn't get the 1.2.3 ipkg to work in WebOS 1.4 either. I tried to install it with WebOS QuickInstall v. 3.02, which did cause the Pre to reboot, but the input window doesn't appear on double-tapping.
    Hey there!

I downloaded justinput 1.2.7 and honestly i have no idea what to do with it in order to get it installed.

quick install doesnt even find a file in the justinput folder, that it can use.
    so do i have to install the hack directly on the pre? if so, how?

jeffrey, could you post an instruction how to install this? an english one, please, and one for dummies..

i didnt quite understand these instructions:

1. 下载安装文件 JustInputPy1.2.7.zip 或者 JustInputWb1.2.7.zip

2. 解压到Pre优盘模式 (extract to pre usb drive?? no matter which folder?)

3. 使用putty连接你的Pre (whats putty?)

4. 找到install.sh (on the pre itself?)

执行: sh install.sh (on the pre itself??)

5. 重启 (restart the device... ok, that one is easy.. once i get there )

thanks in advance!
    allright, now i know, what putty is.. but i cant get it to connect to my pre.. any other method to run the install sh. on my pre?
    I finally was able to install this after asking for help on Jefferycn's blog. I used Novaterm, via my Mac's terminal app. I don't know what you'd use on Windows.
    ok, good for you :-) hope it works well for you!

so it was definitely not possible to install this via quick install? or on the pre itself?
    the problem is i have no experience with things like putty or novaterm, im happy i got pleco to work and managed to get things like quick install and preware running ;-)

i tried to get putty running, but looking this up on the webosinternals just brings me to another tutorial (ddns something) which itself does seem to require other things to be done, that im totally ignorant of. its just to much of a learning process for me, just to get an IME running. i dont have time for hours of reading online tuts at the moment, i gotta study for my finals

So, if theres an easier way to get this installed or a dummy-proof instruction on how to get putty running, id apreciate that if not, ill just wait until there is an app or a quickinstallable patch available..

best regards,
    don
    If some day this is built upon and supports writing of the characters itself on-screen, I'll make my better half get rid of her iP and go WebOS. Cause her need/desire for truly native input and thus preference for the iP, I cannot argue with ...
    I think novaterm should be fairly easy. There are instructions on the webOSinternals blog. Or you could try asking for help in the webOS development forum.

Alternatively, you could install the old version of JustInput, which is a regular app. You only need to copy your Chinese text and paste it into email, messaging, or whatever app you want to use.
    allright, i might give novaterm a try, when i have time, thanks!

alternatively, where can i get that app-version of justinput? ive never seen it anywhere, i think..
    Here's the thread with version 1.0.5. 原创中文输入程序 - JustInput 2010-1-3 更新 - webOS软件 - Palm Pre, Pixi, webOS - Palm, Pre, Pixi, webOS, Treo 论坛[吹友吧] Palm Pre,pixi,智能手机,Palm Treo,Centro,iPhone,blackberry,QWERTY,全键盘 - Powered by Discuz!

Unfortunately, the link is broken for the .db file that also has to be installed. Maybe you could ask Jeffery for the latest app version, which I believe is. 1.1.2, along with the db file. You have to install the .ipk, then run it once to generate a db file, then rename the .db file from jeffery to that same name. Then you have to replace the file generated in the first run of the app with that renamed file. It's not as hard as it sounds.
    Is there a way to have both the JustInput for Chinese characters and Virtual Keyboard (VK)? I'm happy having the Chinese character input capability, but occasionally would like to use the Virtual Keyboard, but have not been able to install VK with JustInputPY 1.2.7 already installed. Any suggestions?
    finally got it running!

for everybody wondering how to install this and not getting this access via networktools like putty or quick install command line to work. there is an easier way:

1) get terminal app from preware!
    2) extract zip folder to root directory of your pre per usb (/media/internal/justinputpy)
    3) open terminal app and type
    first: cd /media/internal/justinputpy/
    then: sh install.sh

成功了!
    finally got it running!

for everybody wondering how to install this and not getting this access via networktools like putty or quick install command line to work. there is an easier way:

1) get terminal app from preware!
    2) extract zip folder to root directory of your pre per usb (/media/internal/justinputpy)
    3) open terminal app and type
    first: cd /media/internal/justinputpy/
    then: sh install.sh

成功了!
    祝贺!

Now that Terminal again works in 1.4, that's a great way to install.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I just got this running on my Pre. Works fantastically. Truly amazing. Is there a way to get taditional characters or is simplified only?

Thanks
    Did you install the latest version? He's changed the install method somehow and I can't quite figure it out. I think he says to use WebOSQuickInstall, but after I unzip the file it's not an .ipk.

And AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $only$ $simplified$ $characters$ $are$ $available$.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast