Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1.    #1  
    I'm getting the error below when I open up an app (drag stats as). Is there an issue on my phone that I need to change or does it have to do with the app.

    org.webosinternals.accelservice is not running error.

    Is there a App to change the Hz from 4 to whatever up to 30Hz?

    Thanks.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by coop View Post
    I'm getting the error below when I open up an app (drag stats as). Is there an issue on my phone that I need to change or does it have to do with the app.

    org.webosinternals.accelservice is not running error.

    Is there a App to change the Hz from 4 to whatever up to 30Hz?

    Thanks.
    What app?

    -Eric G

    WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

    Donate
  3. #3  
    there was a patch to change to speed of the accelerometr.. But after last time doctoring, I cant find it.. was it removed from preware?
  4.    #4  
    Anyone have any thoughts as to why I'm getting the error? Thanks.
  5. #5  
    The reason you are getting is this: You are running an app that uses the accelservice patch from preware. This accelservice is not running as service so you are getting the error.

    In webOS 1.3.5, a new variable in setWindowProperties() is added to change the accelerometer poll rate from 4hz to 30 hz. You can use that instead of accelservice. Please note that the new change can allow you to have either 4 or 30hz not anything else. Also when the app minimizes, it will be reset to 4hz. (Check the service API)

    Thanks
    M
  6.    #6  
    Thanks solaimadhan. I'm somewhat new to this. How do I do this? Can I set it to always run at 30hz? Or will that eat up my battery? Also, if I want to do any type of data logging utilizing the GPS will the 30hz be used?

    Thanks for your help.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by solaimadhan View Post
    The reason you are getting is this: You are running an app that uses the accelservice patch from preware. This accelservice is not running as service so you are getting the error.

    In webOS 1.3.5, a new variable in setWindowProperties() is added to change the accelerometer poll rate from 4hz to 30 hz. You can use that instead of accelservice. Please note that the new change can allow you to have either 4 or 30hz not anything else. Also when the app minimizes, it will be reset to 4hz. (Check the service API)

    Thanks
    M
    accelservice is a java service not a patch. I wasn't aware there were apps that used it currently. Could you point me to one such app?

    -Eric G

    WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

    Donate
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by coop View Post
    Thanks solaimadhan. I'm somewhat new to this. How do I do this? Can I set it to always run at 30hz? Or will that eat up my battery? Also, if I want to do any type of data logging utilizing the GPS will the 30hz be used?

    Thanks for your help.
    Code:
    this.controller.stageController.setWindowProperties(
    					{
    						blockScreenTimeout: false, 
    						setSubtleLightbar: false,
    						fastAccelerometer: true
    					}
    				);
    This is how you use the setWindowProperties(). do you see an attribute fastAccelerometer, setting that to true will set the freq to 30Hz. False will set back to 4Hz. I think it might affect the battery performance little bit, that is why when the app is minimized webos automatically set that to 4Hz. If I am right, GPS has nothing to do with the accelerometer. Both are two different services.

    @egaudet: Thanks for pointing out that accelservice is a java service. I am aware of it but for the new users like me I would like to call it as patch so that others can understand. And I do not know any app that uses. I remember trying to use that service to adjust the accel rate in my app but could not make it to work, so I gave up and palm eventually added the fastAccelerometer which I use now.

    Thanks
    M
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by solaimadhan View Post
    @egaudet: Thanks for pointing out that accelservice is a java service. I am aware of it but for the new users like me I would like to call it as patch so that others can understand. And I do not know any app that uses. I remember trying to use that service to adjust the accel rate in my app but could not make it to work, so I gave up and palm eventually added the fastAccelerometer which I use now.

    Thanks
    M

    It is extremely confusing to call it a patch because it 100% is NOT a patch. It does NOT touch a single Palm stock file. There is a big difference between WebOS Patches and Services, and it will only confuse people to label something a Patch when it is not.

    -Eric G

    WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

    Donate
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by solaimadhan View Post
    Code:
    this.controller.stageController.setWindowProperties(
    					{
    						blockScreenTimeout: false, 
    						setSubtleLightbar: false,
    						fastAccelerometer: true
    					}
    				);
    This is how you use the setWindowProperties(). do you see an attribute fastAccelerometer, setting that to true will set the freq to 30Hz. False will set back to 4Hz. I think it might affect the battery performance little bit, that is why when the app is minimized webos automatically set that to 4Hz. If I am right, GPS has nothing to do with the accelerometer. Both are two different services.

    @egaudet: Thanks for pointing out that accelservice is a java service. I am aware of it but for the new users like me I would like to call it as patch so that others can understand. And I do not know any app that uses. I remember trying to use that service to adjust the accel rate in my app but could not make it to work, so I gave up and palm eventually added the fastAccelerometer which I use now.

    Thanks
    M
    Sorry, but I'm more new at this than I thought. How do I create this? What program do I use. Would you mind walking me through the steps. Once I see that I should catch on pretty quick. Thanks for you time.
  11.    #11  
    Also, if this only works when this is maximized, does this need to be coded in the app I want it to run at a higher speed?

    2nd is in the app drag stats as, I'm getting the error org.webosinternals.accelservice is not running, how do I fix that? Do I have to go into that app? or is that something to do with the java service? If it is with the java service, how do I install it?

    Thx.
  12. #12  
    @coop: You need to call that window property method in your main scene assistant setup() or activate(). I really cannot explain the whole structure of the webos app. You might need to go thru that first.
    Just setting the fastAccelerometer to true will make the accel service to poll raw data at 30Hz. If the app is minimized and maximized it will be automatically set to 4Hz and 30 Hz respectively. You do not have to do anything. Regarding accelservice (java service), I really cannot help on this. By the way when are you getting this error i.e., while opening an app or starting the phone?
  13. #13  
    I didn't realize there was an app using the accelservice, cool

    You can install accelservice via Preware.

    -Eric G

    WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

    Donate
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by solaimadhan View Post
    @coop: You need to call that window property method in your main scene assistant setup() or activate(). I really cannot explain the whole structure of the webos app. You might need to go thru that first.
    Just setting the fastAccelerometer to true will make the accel service to poll raw data at 30Hz. If the app is minimized and maximized it will be automatically set to 4Hz and 30 Hz respectively. You do not have to do anything. Regarding accelservice (java service), I really cannot help on this. By the way when are you getting this error i.e., while opening an app or starting the phone?
    Only when opening that app. The phone is changing orientation in other programs.

    Again, thanks for you help. I will look through this.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by egaudet View Post
    I didn't realize there was an app using the accelservice, cool

    You can install accelservice via Preware.
    I did try this. Maybe there is something wrong with the app?
  16. #16  
    cant get that app to work either same error accelservice isnt running
  17. #17  
    Is there some place which shows where and how to do this step by step? I am not sure where to find this:

    this.controller.stageController.setWindowProperties(
    {
    blockScreenTimeout: false,
    setSubtleLightbar: false,
    fastAccelerometer: true
    }
    );

    thanks in advance
    chris
  18. #18  
    You use:
    this.controller.stageController.setWindowProperties(
    {
    fastAccelerometer: true
    }
    );
    in the app you are writing. This will set the accelerometer results to 30Hz during the time your app is running and activated (maximized). You would normally put this in the .setup() method of your scene.

Posting Permissions