Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    THANK YOU>>>>>> I came across your simple fix for the VK and it worked!!!!! Appreciate it
    after a long time i could finally install the VK thanks guys.
    What solved the problem for me was deleting the virtual-keyboard folder from the phone (it will appear in my computer>palm pre if connected via usb) then install it via webos quick install, do a luna restart and problem solved!
    now my other problem is that it gives me an error mssg when trying to access the WebOS internal feeds (PRE).
    how do i fix this?
    When I try to install the virtual keyboard, it says there's an error installing: See IPKG Log. I have no clue what to do. I've uninstalled the preware and the web os quick installer. Any help would do.
    reinstall both but first open your phone in usb mode and look for a folder called virtual keyboard and delete if its there . then reinstall both webos quickinstaller and then preware and then try the keyboard then describe exactly what and how you did this. and also tell me what your errors are and say and when they occurred . ok
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by jharv08 View Post
    When I try to install the virtual keyboard, it says there's an error installing: See IPKG Log. I have no clue what to do. I've uninstalled the preware and the web os quick installer. Any help would do.
    if you go back one page to page 2 and start at the top try what i discribed to Dig. in those posts and see if they work for you .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    hello!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I've got a Palm Pre Plus on Verizon and although I've installed and uninstalled the Virtual Keyboard a couple of times, I cannot get it to launch. I do not receive any error messages when I load the patch and I have successfully installed other patches that work as advertised. Any assistance?

you seem to have success walking us through. I too have never had any luck with VK from the beginning.
    the desktop app (webos installer.jar thingy) say its installed, but the tweaks say not detected on device...
    I have done everything that I can find on this at least three or more times.
    I am chasing my tail.
    uninstalling and reinstalling doesnt seem to work, no such folder found when uninstalled.

currently it is installed and I get this msg (img )
    when I minimize this memo card I briefly see what looks like a symbols portion of the VK, but briefly.

I dont know if I want a VK, but would like to see what its like.
    This may prolong the life of the slider until we can get either flash, or a video broadcast going. I am also studying overclocking to make an attempt at it soon...
    Last edited by tweaka; 09/14/2010 at 10:35 PM. Reason: only 2 bars in my house ! lol
    Which way to the java script for dummies thread ?
    The answer is right there in your screen shot you must install "VKB default themes & configurations". It's a service found in Preware. Just install that & you'll be good to go.

search VKB in preware not virtual key board & you'll find it.

Good luck!
    I didnt see anywhere during the install of VK that I needed additional product.
    I ran outta time and patiens that day apparently. This VK is such a huge deal IMHO, curious what else does VKB default themes & configurations do.
    Which way to the java script for dummies thread ?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123