Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    I completely started programming with webOS (HTML, Javascript, and CSS) and I was able to pick it up after a few months. You should do just fine.
    Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy123 View Post
    Actually, I don't think it's illogical. If they release one app including every city, they'd have to jack up the price. If people see one app covering 50 cities for $50, they are most likely going to think twice about shelling out that kind of loot. But 50 different ones for 99 each...it's the price of a cheeseburger, and people don't think about dropping a buck anymore. So they say what the hell, pay, and then get ****ed because they realize they got hosed.
    It costs them nothing to keep the app inclusive with all states in the one app. So why hike the price. I would keep the price at the same pricepoint they have it at now except its more functional. They are simply LIMITING functionality for each app. So normally you get 10 guys from New York buying the $2.99 xxx - New York app. Now you are getting 10 guys from New York buying the $2.99 xxx app which they can use for New York as well as other states. No reason to hike the price up because it cost them nothing to include it really. Probably easier actually to include it as one than multiple due to the lack of need to create a billion apps.

Anyways sorry to hijack the thread last I'll post of this type stuff in this thread. Sorry!
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Smubeht View Post
    It costs them nothing to keep the app inclusive with all states in the one app. So why hike the price. I would keep the price at the same pricepoint they have it at now except its more functional. They are simply LIMITING functionality for each app. So normally you get 10 guys from New York buying the $2.99 xxx - New York app. Now you are getting 10 guys from New York buying the $2.99 xxx app which they can use for New York as well as other states. No reason to hike the price up because it cost them nothing to include it really. Probably easier actually to include it as one than multiple due to the lack of need to create a billion apps.

Anyways sorry to hijack the thread last I'll post of this type stuff in this thread. Sorry!
    I know it costs them nothing to keep it inclusive with all states - that's kind of my point. Their aim ISN'T to do that. If they did, they'd have 50 crappy apps rolled into one crappy app, for the same price of 99 cents. They'd make even less that way.

Put it this way. You love peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I COULD sell you a PB&J sandwich for 99 cents, or I could sell you the peanut butter for 99 cents and then the jelly for 99 cents. Now I've made $2 instead of $1 off of you.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12