Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I get the following error.

OnFeeds Error

TypeError: Cannot call method "split" of
    undefined

Has been on going for a few hours. I uninstalled and re installed the application. Reset the phone. Pulled the battery and crossed my fingers.
    I'm getting an update error. Just started. I've never had an issue with Preware.
    just tryed mine had to open it swipe it away 3 times and on the 4th try it worked
    PreWare isn't currently offered in the Homebrew Apps. Probably an indicator of a problem
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by haloexperiment View Post
    PreWare isn't currently offered in the Homebrew Apps. Probably an indicator of a problem
    ???????????
    I have been experiencing the same problem on both of my Pres and the only way I could get it running again was to uninstall and install againt. I did both Preware and Package Manger.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Im having a rather odd Preware problem. Two weeks ago at a party I installed a Smurfs theme just to show a friend how easy it was. Well there was an error during the install leaving the smurfs permanently on my phone. I had the landscape email, virtual keyboard and landscape messaging patches installed. After I installed the the smurf theme Preware wouldn't let me remove or install any other Preware without an error.

Cutting my losses I ran the WebOS doctor and reset my phone to factory. Now I have reinstalled Preware and its telling me the old patches I used to have are still installed on my phone... but they're not. I can't remove them or update them, I get an error every time. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Signed Patching Noob.
    zero problems here. just updated 35 packages.
    When a theme gets stuck, you can usually use WebOS Quick Install's theme feature to go back to default theme. If you really get into it and ask for help on these forums you can usually avoid doctoring the phone.
    I installed about 40 patches no problem also but the problem mentioned here does happen. It seems to pop up out of nowhere.
    This problem came back. ***! Has anyone found any cause or other solution besides reinstalling?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikest View Post
    Im having a rather odd Preware problem. Two weeks ago at a party I installed a Smurfs theme just to show a friend how easy it was. Well there was an error during the install leaving the smurfs permanently on my phone. I had the landscape email, virtual keyboard and landscape messaging patches installed. After I installed the the smurf theme Preware wouldn't let me remove or install any other Preware without an error.

Cutting my losses I ran the WebOS doctor and reset my phone to factory. Now I have reinstalled Preware and its telling me the old patches I used to have are still installed on my phone... but they're not. I can't remove them or update them, I get an error every time. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Signed Patching Noob.
    I've never messed with themes yet, but have about 10 patches. I had the problem when I first tried to patch my phone. 2 or 3 patches failed to install, but preware thought they installed and preware could not remove them...even with EPR. I ran across another post where a guy had a similar problem. You may want to search for it because I might mess up explaining it...but it worked for me.

1. Hook your phone up to your computer and run Web OS quick install
    2. I think there is a tab or button for "device manager/management" something like that...go into that.
    3. For some reason if you look under tweaks/patches it doesn't show the patches.
    4. Look under applications and the messed up tweaks/patches will be listed.
    5. Uninstall them there.
    6. You will prob get an error message, but ignore it...
    7. I think you will need to do a Luna Restart now.

Like I said you may want to search for the original post as I'm not very familiar with this and may be missing a step or two. But from what I remember doing this sounds right.

So I searched real quick and found a thread with better instructions that I gave...hope it helps.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...val-steps.html

OK well that link doesn't seem to work and not sure how to fix it....search "corrupt patch removal steps" and it should show up.
    Last edited by Great Cornholio; 01/28/2010 at 03:53 AM.
    I experienced the same issue as the OP last night. I reinstalled PreWare and the Package Manager service, and PreWare loads now, but it thinks I have no patches or apps installed. Official App catalog now fails to update as well, with the same issues that occurred after the last major OTA, which ended up requiring Emergency Migration Helper last time. I'll try the Emergency Migration Helper, and report back the results.
  14.    #14  
    Preware worked fine 2-3 hours earlier which is what I don't get. They only thing I installed was asphalt 5 demo and updated youview. I am going to try to remove preware and manager service and restart the phone and add them back and see what happens. brb
  15.    #15  
    Took a few restarts of the phone after the above was removed ( phone froze up 2x). And I removed my Chicago Cubs theme for good measure. And preware is up and running.
    It seems like something goes corrupt all of a sudden. I dont know what triggers it but I also have the Alpha free version installed. The best way I am dealing with this for now is to run the Preware install script from my phone to get it back working.
    Quote Originally Posted by lbgshi View Post
    I experienced the same issue as the OP last night. I reinstalled PreWare and the Package Manager service, and PreWare loads now, but it thinks I have no patches or apps installed. Official App catalog now fails to update as well, with the same issues that occurred after the last major OTA, which ended up requiring Emergency Migration Helper last time. I'll try the Emergency Migration Helper, and report back the results.
    After running EMH, PreWare works fine now, but the App Catalog still fails to install or update anything, and several apps cannot be removed anymore (they just reappear after a restart).
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Cornholio View Post
    helpful advice
    thanks for the heads up Cornholio I'll give it a try.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    I was having an issue with it getting stuck on loading themes, but I just removed that feed and now it works fine.

Aside from that it told me that there were updates for several patches. after installing the updates some of them no longer work.
    Well, I got impatient, and did the following:

- Emergency Patch Removal

- Forced a backup (Backup, 'Back up now")

- Partial erase (Device Info, Reset Options, Partial Erase)

This fixed all problems I was experiencing. I lost the following:

- App data (saved games, etc)

- Call & message logs (I could have saved these using the database copy trick, but I heard there were various issues for some people in doing so, and I really don't care about my call and message logs)

- Homebrew apps

I didn't lose the following:

- Personal files (everything accessible via USB Mode is left alone with a Partial Erase)

-PDF Redux page progress (I use the PDF Redux patch, which remembers what page I was on for all PDFs)

- Official app catalog apps (including paid apps, which downloaded again for free): these were automatically downloaded and installed for me, so I didn't have to remember what I had

- Contacts

- Tasks (a major concern of mine)

- Favorites in the browser

All in all, a success. I merely reinstalled PreWare using WebOS Quick Install, reinstalled all my homebrew apps and patches, and I'm good to go.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast