1.    #1  
    I just watched the iPad news event. The screen looks great. The apps look great. BUT... it is still just a giant iPhone. NO multitasking! That same hardware, with webOS and similar apps would be so much stronger! Palm has an opportunity to produce something better.
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    already 2 threads close this one please.
    why have this thread in WebOS development?
    Wrong forum. But if this is relocated to another forum...to clear some things up...

It's NOT a giant iPhone. It's a giant iPod Touch. No camera. No phone capabilities. No SMS. No Multitasking.
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Wrong forum. But if this is relocated to another forum...to clear some things up...

It's NOT a giant iPhone. It's a giant iPod Touch. No camera. No phone capabilities. No SMS. No Multitasking.
    +1 ^^

Sorry Apple, maybe next year.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  6.    #6  
    already 2 threads close this one please.
    My bad, please feel free to close this thread, I only ever look at the webOS development forum, I didn't think to look at the others for this.
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    It is a unique innovation by apple.greatly appreciate the efforts of apple.Apple's ipad is the best way to experience the web, email, photos and videos.It is a multi touch screen.Apple ipad is compatible with almost all of the existing apps , they offer a huge initial library of content to get owners started on. The large, high-resolution screen makes iPad perfect for watching any kind of video: from HD movies and TV shows, to podcasts and music videos.With the iPod app, all your music is literally at your fingertips. You can browse by album, song, artist, or genre, with a simple flick. To play a song, just tap it, and the now playing screen will show the album art at full size
    The iBooks app is a great, new way to read and buy books.1 Just download the app for free from the App Store, and you’ll be able to buy everything from classics to bestsellers from the built-in iBookstore.The Home Screen gives you one-tap access to everything on iPad. You can also customize your Home Screen by adding your favorite apps and websites, or using your own photos for the background. And you can move apps around to arrange them in any order you want.Spotlight Search allows you to search across iPad, and all of its built-in apps.All these at really affordable prices.starting at only $499 only.What else does one want.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    C'mon Apple doesn't need this lame kind of spamming. Close the damn thread already
    Quote Originally Posted by elizas View Post
    starting at only $499 only.What else does one want.
    a netbook is $200 with more functionality. steve jobs could take a dump, call it iCrap, and apple fans would still pay hundreds for it.

just my opinion.
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
    great first post there Mr. Jobs... I mean...er...uhm... Elizas
    Wow, this is a forum dedicated to the development of WEBOS and people are spamming about the ipad. Yeah, what the heck, lets call it a cool device, but NOT in this forum.

To counter Steve's...I mean elizas comment...all Palm (or any other company for that matter) has to do is create a tablet that has multitasking, includes normal usb inputs (so you don't have to buy a bunch of different adapters), and have it accessible for all carriers and not just AT&T.

That being said, even "if" the ipad was the coolest device ever created it should not be discussed in this particular forum.
    The iPad is a device in search of a market. As one Engadget editor commented "Jack of many trades; master of none."
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    Hey, one question? Where are all of the Apple trolls that were coming in this forum a few days ago that were spouting how Palm was going out of business when the iphone was to be announced coming to Verizon? lol
    Especially considering there stock went up when Apple announced the iPad and said nothing about coming to Verizon Palm's stock went up. They may not be at the top, but they are not going out of business.
    Do we really need another one of these threads? Search engine, folks.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    The iPhone didn't announce any availability on Verizon and Palm still looks, to me, like it may go out of business.
    Care to make a friendly wager? Put your money where your (typing) fingers are.