webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developers >  webOS Development > Patch Request: Skip Hitting "Done" on Pin Lock
Patch Request: Skip Hitting "Done" on Pin Lock
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Yaggy

Old 01/27/2010, 12:10 AM   #1 (permalink)

Okay so I started using the Pin Lock on my phone due to a snoopy girlfriend
Out of habit I always shut off my screen after I do something and then have to re-enter my pin everytime I turn it back on. My request is, when my buddy puts in his 4 number pin into his iPhone, it immediately goes to his launcher. No clicking "Done" after he types in the 4th number. Now this may come off as lazy or unnecessary, but one less button to click would be great, not to mention it doesn't seem to me that this would be that difficult of a patch to implement (SEEMS this way, I in no way shape or form know anything related to development, just enjoy/appreciate the efforts!).
Yaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by b3d0u1n likes this.
Old 01/27/2010, 12:13 AM   #2 (permalink)

yea im used to my itouch lock and i sit there wondering if it froze then remember to push done so +1
063_xobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/27/2010, 10:04 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thirded. Thanks!
ecoleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/27/2010, 10:40 AM   #4 (permalink)

I think it was in 1.3.1, but Palm updated the PIN so it could be any number of digits, not just 4 digits. So, you can't just automatically select DONE at 4 digits anymore. I actually like this, because if someone picks up the phone, they have no idea how many numbers they need to punch in to activate the phone.
Audemars02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/27/2010, 11:37 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
I think it was in 1.3.1, but Palm updated the PIN so it could be any number of digits, not just 4 digits. So, you can't just automatically select DONE at 4 digits anymore. I actually like this, because if someone picks up the phone, they have no idea how many numbers they need to punch in to activate the phone.
Yes, that is correct. It's no longer a set amount of digits that need to be entered. Palm changed this which would probably make the patch more difficult as code would have to be added (not just modified) to first preset the amount of digits at four and then intuitively bypass the "done" selection.
Old 01/27/2010, 12:32 PM   #6 (permalink)

Time to trade in the girlfriend.
Old 10/01/2012, 05:38 AM   #7 (permalink)

Bump. I was going to post a new topic regarding this until I saw this thread. It's a small thing, but it annoys the hell out of me when picking up my TouchPad.
b3d0u1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/01/2012, 08:59 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by b3d0u1n View Post
Bump. I was going to post a new topic regarding this until I saw this thread. It's a small thing, but it annoys the hell out of me when picking up my TouchPad.
the reason you have to hit done is that the PIN lock is not a set number of digits. You can make it 1 digit, 2, 10, or more. This actually adds to the security of your device, but a downside is that you are required to hit DONE

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
Audemars02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/03/2012, 05:36 AM   #9 (permalink)

It's not so bad except that I'm constantly entering the wrong code, or missing a digit. On my Apple devices I think the click-feedback prevents that from occurring so frequently, but for some reason there's no click keyboard on the pin screen.
b3d0u1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/27/2012, 12:20 AM   #10 (permalink)

This might not be hard to implement. I had snooped in that code when ModeSwitcher accidentally fubared my PIN and I couldn't get into my phone (oops!! And I did this while waiting for jury duty, so I had to wait... thanks to dev mode, though!).

The tough part will be if the method that the unlock app uses to check the code also triggers the wipe after x number of incorrect attempts feature... Otherwise, you can just check the pin after each button is entered. If it is right, then unlock. If it is wrong, do nothing.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0