1.    #1  
    Is there any way to make our web browser as fluid as the browser on the Zune HD..by fluid I mean its much more responsive and smooth like silk lol our browser seems a little choppy
    Our browser is faster from what I can tell so you could wait until it's fully loaded, or it may be improved in the next update.
  3.    #3  
    you are right alex it is faster but the way it moves on the Zune it is on smooth and fresh maybe cause they are different browser
    I believe the Zune uses the GPU to assist in the graphics, hence the fluid nature of scrolling and such (as on the iPhone as well). A while back, Palm hierd a Linux graphics engineer and we're hoping that his contribution to webOS will not only include GPU use in 3D gaming but also in the Luna and browser UI.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    I believe the Zune uses the GPU to assist in the graphics, hence the fluid nature of scrolling and such (as on the iPhone as well). A while back, Palm hierd a Linux graphics engineer and we're hoping that his contribution to webOS will not only include GPU use in 3D gaming but also in the Luna and browser UI.
    Last part is bogus and unsubstantiated. He was brought in to find a way for 3D games to run on a system that had no available connectors to the GPU. The browser, other standard apps and the WebOS GUI will never use the GPU.
    Quote Originally Posted by UF15 View Post
    Last part is bogus and unsubstantiated. He was brought in to find a way for 3D games to run on a system that had no available connectors to the GPU. The browser, other standard apps and the WebOS GUI will never use the GPU.
    Link?

Dont get me wrong, I'm not saying he's right but all he said is that we're hoping not that it was going to happen. You on the other hand have stated something as fact without proof. Only Palm and Linux Engineer know what he's doing there for sure.
    I don't understand, why would you even post a comment that is unsubstantiated, by preceeding it by saying that it is as such?

anyway, for the OP sometime in the future we may get the gpu going for the GUI and browser, but the time frame isn't something anyone anywhere has confirmed.

try to take "never" with a grain of salt on these forums, look at the ranting people had over games, now we have them.
    There are four lights.
    How can I be wrong on a subject of "hope"?