1.    #1  
    Is it posible to do this? I need to connect my pre to my radio through usb mode for it to play the music, but then the phone radio doesnīt work. Is there a patch for this or it just can not be done?
    Also, is there a patch to turn off the screen while on touchstone? The only thing I found to do this is through the app Brightness Unlinked.
    thanks
    Cannot use the Phone while in USB!

Not sure about the second because it does not bother me!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Cannot use the Phone while in USB!

Not sure about the second because it does not bother me!
    thanks for answering. I was just wondering if there is a way to undue that, so being able to use the phone while on USB, since there is so many great patches, but I guess itīs not possible. thanks anyway.

For the second one I just feel bad having the screen on all night. It just seems like a waist to me.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuko View Post
    Is it posible to do this? I need to connect my pre to my radio through usb mode for it to play the music, but then the phone radio doesnīt work. Is there a patch for this or it just can not be done?
    Also, is there a patch to turn off the screen while on touchstone? The only thing I found to do this is through the app Brightness Unlinked.
    thanks
    To clarify, you mean that your radio has a USB input and in order for it to be able to read the music off it, you have to be in USB Mode? Or you connect via USB to transmit the sound like if you are playing Pandora? can you not just connect it to your radio with a standard 1/8" stereo jack?
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaerey View Post
    To clarify, you mean that your radio has a USB input and in order for it to be able to read the music off it, you have to be in USB Mode? Or you connect via USB to transmit the sound like if you are playing Pandora? can you not just connect it to your radio with a standard 1/8" stereo jack?
    hi, it's the first thing you said. If I want to be able to play the music and go through the folders through the car stereo screen it' has to connect on usb mode, like if I was connecting a usb pendrive. I could connect it to a normal stereo jack but I would not be able to go through my music folders from the car stereo screen and it wouldn't charge the phone at the same time.
    thanks
    There has been discussion on this before. Because the pre recognizes as a usb drive with no media until you hit the USB button, similar to say, an sd card reader, some radios will not like to work with the pre. I think it is because when the radio first looks at the drive, it sees it as empty, and hitting the USB button does not make the radio refresh and look at the drive again.
    My pre is like caffeine. If I don't have it in the morning I think something is wrong with me, and I need it all throughout the day to make it
    thanks
    Install the Brightness Unlinked app and then the patch to have Brightness Unlinked start automatically on boot near the end of the Brightness Unlinked release thread. Effectively the same thing as having a patch, and it works great.
    Try plugging it in, hit USB Mode, then disconnect it and reconnect it quickly and see what happens.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by caferacer View Post
    There has been discussion on this before. Because the pre recognizes as a usb drive with no media until you hit the USB button, similar to say, an sd card reader, some radios will not like to work with the pre. I think it is because when the radio first looks at the drive, it sees it as empty, and hitting the USB button does not make the radio refresh and look at the drive again.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tdps2 View Post
    Install the Brightness Unlinked app and then the patch to have Brightness Unlinked start automatically on boot near the end of the Brightness Unlinked release thread. Effectively the same thing as having a patch, and it works great.
    But running an app in the back will waste my memory, isn't it easier just a patch?

Quote Originally Posted by sevenlkl@yahoo.com View Post
    Try plugging it in, hit USB Mode, then disconnect it and reconnect it quickly and see what happens.
    Ok...., and that wonīt affect my phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenlkl@yahoo.com View Post
    This is a very bad idea. Its also a good way to corrupt your USB partition. The Pre is very sensitive and needs to be properly ejected before unplugging.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    This is a very bad idea. Its also a good way to corrupt your USB partition. The Pre is very sensitive and needs to be properly ejected before unplugging.
    yeah, that's what I thought, I didn't do it.
    I've created a patch that will put the phone into USB Mode without putting the phone into "brick" mode (as Palm calls it). This is probably incredibly dangerous, so I don't think I'll post the method/files publicly right now. I'm going to work on it a bit more over the weekend and see if I can come up with a way to make it safer.

When you mount the phone in USB Mode, it unmounts /media/internal and /media/cryptofs, so WebOS has no access to them. This means all third-party installed Apps no longer work. Every app the Pre comes with works fine, though, so you can still make phone calls/receive texts and emails/etc.

Also, Media Sync mode does not work at all. So if that's what you needed it to do for your car's stereo, it seems to be out of the question.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by tdps2 View Post
    I've created a patch that will put the phone into USB Mode without putting the phone into "brick" mode (as Palm calls it). This is probably incredibly dangerous, so I don't think I'll post the method/files publicly right now. I'm going to work on it a bit more over the weekend and see if I can come up with a way to make it safer.

When you mount the phone in USB Mode, it unmounts /media/internal and /media/cryptofs, so WebOS has no access to them. This means all third-party installed Apps no longer work. Every app the Pre comes with works fine, though, so you can still make phone calls/receive texts and emails/etc.

Also, Media Sync mode does not work at all. So if that's what you needed it to do for your car's stereo, it seems to be out of the question.
    Thanks for your work. Actually all I need it to do is let the radio acces the main folder where I keep the music wich would be /media/internal/Music while the phone is still on. Just like if it was a usb pendrive with music on it. I would just use a pendrive connected to the radio for the music but that way I am not able to charge the phone, instead if I hook the phone up to the radio it charges it, and God knows this baby needs to be juiced up a lot!

Yeah and I donīt use Media Sync at all, actually Im thinking of installing the patch that removes it.
    i know we are talking palm here but my brother has the droid and he can use usb and talk on the phone at the same time. maybe it could be done somehow?
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonystu View Post
    i know we are talking palm here but my brother has the droid and he can use usb and talk on the phone at the same time. maybe it could be done somehow?
    The difference is how the two phones are architect-ed. I'd remind you to compare apples to apples.
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonystu View Post
    It can be done (see my post above). It's just not safe to do it based on how WebOS is designed.