Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I'm hoping to teach myself some WebOS programming, and I'm looking for "finished" apps for which I can look at the source code. Can someone point me to any homebrew apps for which the source is available?

Searching on this is tricky as most results return apps that say "this program is not open source".

Thanks.
    git.webos-internals.org hosts the source code (and revision changes) for each of the projects webos-internals has released or is working on (including preware and ipkgservice), and is probably a nice place to start.
    Bringing you the first video recorder (Precorder), the first SDL application/game (DOOM), the first "make my magicjack/corporate voicemail play on my webos phone thingy" (gsm codec package), and now, webos's first opensource media recorder (voice and stream!) -> zcorder
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayrot View Post
    I'm hoping to teach myself some WebOS programming, and I'm looking for "finished" apps for which I can look at the source code. Can someone point me to any homebrew apps for which the source is available?

Searching on this is tricky as most results return apps that say "this program is not open source".

Thanks.
    when i was learning i went the same route. if you send a private message to the developer and ask if you can look at the code in their ipk file for educational purposes only, they usually don't mind. obviously no copying and pasting is allowed even with some "closed source" files, the devs gave me permission to check out how they did stuff with their code.
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayrot View Post
    Keyring is GPLv3, and available at krid's keyring at master - GitHub. Other GPL'd apps are pReader, Geoasks and Destroids.

Remember that you can't take code from a GPL'd app and include it in a non-GPL'd app (with certain limited exceptions).
    Author of Keyring for webOS - Easy password management on your phone

Get Keyring :: Keyring website :: Keyring desktop client :: Keyring bugs :: Desktop client bugs

Like what I've done with Keyring? Hire me!
    the game presteroids (destroids in the catalog), which i have contributed many of its graphic elements to is open source and freely available. I would contact klaus and ask him about it. he seems to be very open and willing to help.

app thread is here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...esteroids.html

the app page is here:
    http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/presteroids
    I made Battery Saver is public domain. http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/battery-saver

If you download the ipk, the source code is located in the data.tar.gz file. If you're on windows, you can use 7-zip to open the ipk file.

Battery saver is a very simple application, although it uses its own AppAssistant.