1.    #1  
    From a .png or .jpg on the Pre's/Pixi's local disk, I would like to save off a portion of the picture to a separate file, or at least have it in memory.

Are there APIs for doing this (basically getting a subregion of a pic)?

When you select a picture for one of your contacts, it allows you to do this, by loading the pic and giving you the frame. Then you pan and zoom until it looks right and save.

Is there any way to invoke that interface and get the pic that is returned from it?

Although, I would prefer to just get the subregion programmatically.

thanks!
    Kurt
  2.    #2  
    Palm Developer Center Framework APIs Mojo.FilePicker

It looks like the method referenced above will do this. (can't post the link)

Anyone used it?

Kurt
    Quote Originally Posted by jkurtw View Post
    Palm Developer Center Framework APIs Mojo.FilePicker

It looks like the method referenced above will do this. (can't post the link)

Anyone used it?

Kurt
    jkurtw, i have an application that should be in the catalog this week that allows you to crop pictures that are on your phone, and resizes them to fit the phone's screen resolution. you'll just pull up an image, drag your finger from the top left to the bottom right of what you want to keep, and it makes that selection full screen so you can do a screencapture to save the image.

that's just one of the functions. the main purpose of the app is a paint app that does straight and curved lines, circles, rectangles, gradients, hearts, a smiley face, dialog box, etc. you'll have a choice of colors and line weights, and you can select different colors for lines and fills where applicable. you'll also be able to draw on a picture, take a screenshot and have it auto-populate into a txt msg for you to send out.

here's the link jkurtw is referring to for anyone else viewing this:

Mojo.FilePicker
    Last edited by shanerooni; 01/25/2010 at 11:06 AM.
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by shanerooni View Post
    jkurtw, i have an application that should be in the catalog this week that allows you to crop pictures that are on your phone, and resizes them to fit the phone's screen resolution. you'll just pull up an image, drag your finger from the top left to the bottom right of what you want to keep, and it makes that selection full screen so you can do a screencapture to save the image.
    Nice. That sounds very useful.

What functions did you use to modify the picture?

Essentially, all I want to do in my app is (in pseudo code):

myexisingpic = "file:///media/internal/pictures/photo.png"

mycroppedpic = myexisingpic.crop(x1, x2, y1, y2)

Ideally there would be no user interaction. Just the file path input and the cropped file path output.

any ideas?

thanks,
    Kurt
    sent you a PM
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
    The HTML 5 canvas tag works in WebOS
    sent you a PM
    Why make it a private lesson? There are probably a lot of others that would like some pointers.
    here's the link jkurtw is referring to for anyone else viewing this:

Mojo.FilePicker
    I never noticed this API before. Does anybody have a sample snippet of code that uses this API? Pretty please?
    mobigamedepot.com