View Poll Results: As consumers / developers, how would you like to make app requests

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let people use microPledge for closed or open source app requests / development

7 46.67%
  • Have PreCentral use it specifically for WebOS instead of app request forum

9 60.00%
  • Have Palm work with micropledge to host a customized solution

3 20.00%
  • Do it as an independent website (this would be cool but requires $7000)

1 6.67%
  • Do something else (please put it in the comments)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    I have contacted PreCentral and to my surprise received no response to the following. There is a company with a site called microPledge.com (check em out) that lets people bring app ideas to the table and lets everybody put their money where their mouth is. This is called a bounty system.

Please vote in the associated questionnare because I think this really needs to happen but don't know what to do.

The whole webOS environment is so open that I was really disappointed to get rebuffed by P.C.
    Last edited by Rkguy; 01/25/2010 at 01:54 PM. Reason: title too long
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    I don't really know what to think of that idea. Sounds good I guess. I do have to say that I doubt they're ignoring your email at all. I emailed Dieter regarding a domain name I had for sale a while back and it took a long time to hear back. I'm sure his inbox fills up in a hurry. Just have some patience.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    He is usually very fast when replying to tips. That's why I was surprised. Thanks.
    PS:
    "How microPledge works"
    Dream -- Someone has a brilliant idea
    Pledge -- Support the idea you like. Lots of pledges add up
    Produce It -- Developer writes software and claims the pledges, if the pledgers agree by vote
    Enjoy -- Get the finished product
    +1

Bounty solutions are always good in my book. I particularly liked the way BountySource implemented theirs, though the site itself has some flaws.
    Let me tell you something: They all do. They all want cake.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Wow, only two votes. Looks like either people don't care or all the VZW posts are burying this.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Thank God. Another vote. !!
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    I like that people are voting on this. It seems like this is a good time for WebOS really be part of an open crowd development
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Looks like micropledge is closed down for now. it is still for sale though. Seems a pity. The site is in view mode right now and looks pretty good.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Sadly, using micropledge.com is not an option as they have closed it for use.

See my post about buying the source code here
    http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=2183698