Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    I have a very simple App Request...

I'd like a very simple timer to countdown to the release of Bioshock 2 (February 9th). Preferably something that will function in portrait mode so I can just leave it running all the time and watch with anticipation.

This is a very simple app but I'm willing to donate a few bucks to whoever can make it and throw it in the homebrew catalog.

Why is this important to me? I'm a huge fan of the original Bioshock and I loved System Shock as well. I was so moved by Bioshock, I got Jacks chains tattooed to my wrists (right under the big tattoo of Pyramid Head from Silent Hill..). The story is epic and moving and the direction and development is inspirational. I'm majoring in Game and Simulation Programming and Bioshock, 2K Game, and Ken Levine are giving me such a rush of inspiration to someday achieve make a game as awe inspiring as Bioshock.

I greatly appreciate anyone who considers making this and like I said, I'd be obligated to give some money to whomever creates it as a token of my gratitude.

Lastly, before anyone asks "Your majoring in game and simulation programming... why don't you just make it yourself?" I'm not going to waste anyone's time with the explanation but trust me, it's a valid reason. If I need to go into further detail, I will.

Big thanks!!
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    /jayvee *begins weeping for humanity*
    I'm afraid I can't let you do that.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    jayvee is right. If you're enthusiastic about something and have passion for it because it's your past, present, and future you should just drop it. Forget liking anything and showing spirit for it. Lets join jayvee on a crusade to troll forums everywhere putting down people who are passionate about something.

Anyone else want to take a stab at this? Jayvee is busy doing really meaningful and important things.
    @ jayvee are you sure an android phone wouldnt have fit better with the HAL persona
    Why don't you just mark it in your calender? The more you sit there and think about how long to the release the longer it's going to feel...
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    It's in my calendar. My calendar doesn't have a count down timer though. The idea of such a timer is for novelty.. I'm not literally trying to track the time to release..

If you aren't interested in making it, your comments are totally unnecessary.
    No reason to get offended. You could find a count down app and modify it to fit your needs though...
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    My apologies. The last part wasn't directed towards you. Bouncing an idea is fine of course but other people feel the need to waste time and energy posting meaningless drivel.

Like I said, it is already in my calendar (as well as prepurchased on Steam..). I just like the novelty aspect of being able to whip out my Pre and show people how much time is left.

I'll look into some of the other countdown apps though. Thanks for the idea. I had a lot of Absinthe last night so I'm a little fuzzy this morning.