1.    #1  
    When the user does the "Orange + Sym + P" key combo to take a snapshot, how could I detect that in my app?
    you just know
  3.    #3  
    Ok, time for a serious answer now?
    You dont get a flash on your screen like you do with the iphone. As the user said above.. As long as you pressed all 3, you know you've took a screenshot.
    The OP is asking how to programatically detect when the user takes a screenshot. Not visually...programatically (i.e. within the code of an app).
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    The OP is asking how to programatically detect when the user takes a screenshot. Not visually...programatically (i.e. within the code of an app).
    Exactly, I just need it to trigger a function in my code.
    Quote Originally Posted by clacombe View Post
    Exactly, I just need it to trigger a function in my code.
    i don't think there is a way that would pass palm's app review process. for an app i submitted, i use the timestamp of when they press the combo of keys since the filename of the screencapture is appname_YYYY-DD-MM_HHMMSS.png

so, you have to know the exact second the screencapture is taken. honestly, i guess. i make sure to tell the user that they must push the combo of keys quickly, otherwise it doesn't work. it works about 90% of the time.
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix