1.    #1  
    Could I have JavaScript programmatically "press" a key sequence in if I had the keycodes, 129, 17, 80? (Orange Key, Sym, P). It's the only way I could think of having it take a snapshot programmatically.
    Quote Originally Posted by clacombe View Post
    Could I have JavaScript programmatically "press" a key sequence in if I had the keycodes, 129, 17, 80? (Orange Key, Sym, P). It's the only way I could think of having it take a snapshot programmatically.
    i posted to your other thread about capturing a screenshot. regarding the keypresses, that's a whole other ballgame. here's the problem i ran into:

if you don't already, install palm's APIs app on your device (not the emulator). quickly press org+sym+p. what happens is you see the keydown for org and sym, but NOTHING for the third keypress.

i believe the system ONLY recognizes the screencapture function at that point, and DOES NOT recognize that you pushed 3 keydown events. unless someone else has found another solution, here's what i did to get around it (at least for the time being):

if keydown for orange key, set some variable from 0 to 1. then if sym key is pressed AND org var == 1, check the system time and concatenate the filename of the screencapture at that time. since you can't determine all 3 keystrokes, you have to assume that the 'p' key was pressed the same second as the sym key. that's why it only works about 90% of the time.

PM me with any specific questions.
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix