Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by vreihen View Post
    FWIW, it was still just as slow loading the first time after I just updated. On subsequent loads, it actually had the command prompt drawn before the window finished scrolling onto the screen!!!!!
    yeah im playing around with it and its still pretty wonky
  2. ird
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffTheMagic View Post
    FYI, Terminus 0.0.5 is out in Preware... I fixed the "slow loading" issue. It now starts instantly.
    Any way to incrase the size of the text?
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Is anyone else having a problem with Terminus hanging their Pre?

It happens almost everytime I try to use it, but I can't figure specifically how to recreate it. The fix is to pull the battery.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    When I installed this program, Preware said it depended on the Upstart Manager package. But when I looked at your change log, it seems that you removed the upstart scripts and made the program a "game" type. Does this program still depend on the Upstart Manager package?

Thanks... plee3
    I just encountered terminus crashing when putting it to the backround
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Yeah I know I need to get the "reset" and "clear" commands working properly which is probably related to that redraw screen ^L stuff you just mentioned... maybe I can get that working tonight.... colored vim on the Pre is nice though huh?
    colored emacs on the Pre would be nice too.
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    Is anyone else having a problem with Terminus hanging their Pre?

It happens almost everytime I try to use it, but I can't figure specifically how to recreate it. The fix is to pull the battery.
    If the Pre (actually luna) hangs, just wait about a minute. The watchdog will trigger and luna will restart.

This is safer than pulling the battery which can result in lost data.
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    I just encountered terminus crashing when putting it to the backround
    Ditto here a few days ago. First time that my Pre has ever crashed, and lord knows that is a record considering that many programmers know me as captain coredump.....
    Yeah I know the font size is small but anything large causes too much wrapping and things look like ****. I am gonna keep the font size fixed for now while I work out the rest of the "basic term capabilities" issues. Expect some options/prefs down the road a little bit.
    All I can say about this is: for someone like me, who's no longer young and whose eyesight is no longer 20/20, the current font in Terminus is not just "small," but "virtually illegible." Seriously. I had to use Terminus a couple of days ago (because, as others have related, installing Terminus broke Terminal), and, when I typed the "-rf" switch, I honestly couldn't tell if I'd typed "-rf" or "-rt" -- I had to go on faith that I had really typed the right thing. Sorry, but for me, that's a deal-breaker.
    I don't see Terminus in preware. I had installed the first version manually since I was in-channel right when you got it working. But I'd like a nice packaged version and faster startup if it exists.

And the old Terminal has color that works fine.

Terminal emulates a linux console fairly well. The problem is that Palm are hard-coding TERM=vt100 in /etc/profile.

Install the un-hardcode-term patch and /etc/profile will stop hardcoding TERM=vt100 (it will be linux then)

And then apps that can (vim, mc, *****x, ...), will display in color.
    [edit: oh my god the net nannies have edited the name of the popular text-mode irc client, "B i t c h X" without the spaces... cripes...]

That also fixes every other method of logging in. If you use putty to ssh in, and you have putty set up to emulate linux, or you ssh from an xterm etc.
    Code:
    Brian K. White  --  brian@aljex.com  --  http://www.aljex.com/bkw/
    +++++[>+++[>+++++>+++++++<<-]<-]>>+.>.+++++.+++++++.-.[>+<---]>++.
    filePro BBx  Linux SCO  Prosper/FACTS AutoCAD  #callahans Satriani
    Quote Originally Posted by vreihen View Post
    The need for a "|" key would be a close second.
    I second the pipe! I also live and die by pipelines! And input/output redirection! "<" ">"

Otherwise, very nice app! SDL is certainly the way of the future.
    PalmIII -> PalmV -> Sprint Treo650 -> Treo755P -> Pre

"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway."

--Andrew Tanenbaum
    how do I type the little line in terminus ?| this one> || and also copy and paste?
    also a auto complete key would be nice like in Terminal. For example I type in cd /me then I press sym+i like in Terminal and it autocompletes the path to cd /media/
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMarine03 View Post
    also a auto complete key would be nice like in Terminal. For example I type in cd /me then I press sym+i like in Terminal and it autocompletes the path to cd /media/
    I second this one too! Probably even above pipe and I/O redirection!

Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    how do I type the little line in terminus ?| this one> || and also copy and paste?
    Sorry, I guess I should have put the keystroke too- but the "|" char is called the "pipe" and multiple commands piped together is called a "pipeline" (for the non-Linux Geeks among us or those just up and coming!)
    Code:
    grep fail /var/log/auth | grep -v mikepikefl | tee cleanup.txt | less
    PS- I also second copy/paste...

"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway."

--Andrew Tanenbaum
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepikefl View Post
    I second this one too! Probably even above pipe and I/O redirection!

Sorry, I guess I should have put the keystroke too- but the "|" char is called the "pipe" and multiple commands piped together is called a "pipeline" (for the non-Linux Geeks among us or those just up and coming!)
    Code:
    grep fail /var/log/auth | grep -v mikepikefl | tee cleanup.txt | less
    PS- I also second copy/paste...
    I'm trying to install mytether with a comand but I don't know how to type the pipe.
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    I'm trying to install mytether with a comand but I don't know how to type the pipe.
    Not sure what's involved there or the full scope- but would doing this over SSH be the easiest solution if the pipe char is needed?

I have SSH installed but disabled the daemon so I just have the client. If you were to install just for this, then uninstall you wouldn't have to worry about having the SSH daemon listening on every WiFi network you connect to.

Again not sure what all your goals are...

--Andrew Tanenbaum
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post

For well-behaved programs typing command -h or --help will usually give what you are looking for. Sometimes it is a short usage message with a list of options, etc. Sometimes it is a more full-blown help message with a lot of detail.

HTH.
    Heh, careful with assuming a standard for switches. While -v usually means 'verbose debugging', pass that to pkill and see what happens ;-) (I didn't do that, but a co-worker did one day, on the master node of one of our clusters...)
    : (){:|:&};:
    Hi guys,

I can't see terminus in app catalog. What can I do? How can I install this app?
  19. gcb
    can't see it either...

I can see the sdlterminal.... It starts to download and then just hangs there.

have to kill prepare or wait for it to die
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12