Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I'm not sure if this is allowed here, but I'd like to suggest/request an app for development. Specifically, something like this: babycenter.com /phonyphone-mobile-iphone-application

DD likes to play with my phone. Unfortunately, at 14 months, she's figured out how to turn it on AND unlock it. My first thought was to set a pin. Except that apparently you can still call 911 even with the PIN set. Don't ask me how I know this. Then I figured I'd put it on airplane mode. Except that when you go into the phone and try to dial a number, it takes it off airplane mode. Again, don't ask me how I know this.

So... I'd love to see the above (or something like it) come to WebOS!
    bump
    bumpp
    bumppp
    the shameless bumping wont help this threads doomed
    Bumpppp
    Quote Originally Posted by KristieW View Post
    I'm not sure if this is allowed here, but I'd like to suggest/request an app for development. Specifically, something like this: babycenter.com /phonyphone-mobile-iphone-application

DD likes to play with my phone. Unfortunately, at 14 months, she's figured out how to turn it on AND unlock it. My first thought was to set a pin. Except that apparently you can still call 911 even with the PIN set. Don't ask me how I know this. Then I figured I'd put it on airplane mode. Except that when you go into the phone and try to dial a number, it takes it off airplane mode. Again, don't ask me how I know this.

So... I'd love to see the above (or something like it) come to WebOS!
    I took a quick look at the iphone app and it doesn't look very hard to do but I don't know how big the market is for that. I don't have kids so I don't really know much about it but it would seem like you're training your baby to play with your phone. Isn't that the opposite of what you're trying to do?
    mobigamedepot.com
    kristiew, i think it's a great idea and i'll look into putting something together even if it's just for you. i'm not sure what 063_xobx is talking about, and i'm glad people bumped the sh!t out of this

are you able to load .ipk files onto your phone directly (not using filecoaster or preware)? i would like for you to test out the app if possible.
    My site: Shanerooni, LLC
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
    bump
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djpushplay View Post
    I took a quick look at the iphone app and it doesn't look very hard to do but I don't know how big the market is for that. I don't have kids so I don't really know much about it but it would seem like you're training your baby to play with your phone. Isn't that the opposite of what you're trying to do?
    You don't have kids. It makes a REALLY nice diversionary tactic for distracting a small child when doing something like waiting at the doc's office.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shanerooni View Post
    kristiew, i think it's a great idea and i'll look into putting something together even if it's just for you. i'm not sure what 063_xobx is talking about, and i'm glad people bumped the sh!t out of this

are you able to load .ipk files onto your phone directly (not using filecoaster or preware)? i would like for you to test out the app if possible.
    My hero!!! If I get an app out of it, I can figure out how to load them directly onto my phone if you need me to!

THANK YOU!!
    My hero!!! If I get an app out of it, I can figure out how to load them directly onto my phone if you need me to!

THANK YOU!!
    i should have a semi-working app by this evening or tomorrow. you'll need to download the Mojo SDK in order to load the app directly on your phone. not sure if you want to go through all that, so i could just submit it through filecoaster and preware if you are able to download via one of those.

would you like to customize it with your voice (so your child recognizes it)?

i could give you my google voice number, and if you call it and leave a message saying the following words i could make it have your voice:

say the word for the number, then pause, and spell out the letters:

"zero [small pause] z-e-r-o"
    "one [small pause] o-n-e"
    "two [small pause] t-w-o"
    "three [small pause] t-h-r-e-e"
    "four [small pause] f-o-u-r"
    "five [small pause] f-i-v-e"
    "six [small pause] s-i-x"
    "seven [small pause] s-e-v-e-n"
    "eight [small pause] e-i-g-h-t"
    "nine [small pause] n-i-n-e"

and for the talk button you could have a personal greeting:

**ring,ring** "hi [name] - mommy loves you! okay, byebye!"

i'll PM you the google voice number if you're interested. you'd just leave a long message, and i can parse it out for the different buttons.

i'll also get several royalty free kids songs that it will randomly play when the music button is pressed. i'll also get baby/kid giggles for the giggle button.

maybe if the kid hits "8-6-7-5-3-0-9" i'll have that classic song play! joking, but it would be cool to have a few hidden codes in there
    Follow me on Twitter
    My apps: GuessWhat? | MazeHunter3D | Small Wonders | PhakePhoney | AutismAware | PicSketcher | Cubix | QuickSolve | QuickSpell | QuickTrace | QuickWhack | QuickSuite | Soccer Shots | Ballooning |
    Cubix
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    i should have a semi-working app by this evening or tomorrow. you'll need to download the Mojo SDK in order to load the app directly on your phone. not sure if you want to go through all that, so i could just submit it through filecoaster and preware if you are able to download via one of those.

would you like to customize it with your voice (so your child recognizes it)?

i could give you my google voice number, and if you call it and leave a message saying the following words i could make it have your voice:

say the word for the number, then pause, and spell out the letters:

"zero [small pause] z-e-r-o"
    "one [small pause] o-n-e"
    "two [small pause] t-w-o"
    "three [small pause] t-h-r-e-e"
    "four [small pause] f-o-u-r"
    "five [small pause] f-i-v-e"
    "six [small pause] s-i-x"
    "seven [small pause] s-e-v-e-n"
    "eight [small pause] e-i-g-h-t"
    "nine [small pause] n-i-n-e"

and for the talk button you could have a personal greeting:

**ring,ring** "hi [name] - mommy loves you! okay, byebye!"

i'll PM you the google voice number if you're interested. you'd just leave a long message, and i can parse it out for the different buttons.

i'll also get several royalty free kids songs that it will randomly play when the music button is pressed. i'll also get baby/kid giggles for the giggle button.

maybe if the kid hits "8-6-7-5-3-0-9" i'll have that classic song play! joking, but it would be cool to have a few hidden codes in there
    I would LOVE that! PM me with your number, and I'll have my husband call and do that--his voice is much more recording-worthy than mine.

(Hmm, is there a Konami code possibility too? Or... are you a Harry Potter fan?)
    I would LOVE that! PM me with your number, and I'll have my husband call and do that--his voice is much more recording-worthy than mine.

(Hmm, is there a Konami code possibility too? Or... are you a Harry Potter fan?)
    i've got most of it done. buttons all work, looks pretty good, and recorded my voice to test it out. just need a few songs and some giggles. i'll PM you the number.
    Follow me on Twitter
    Cubix
    anyone interested in this app, i'll most likely be submitting it to the app catalog for $0.99. for $4.99-$9.99 (haven't decided yet), you can call my google voice number and leave a message with your voice and specific messages for your kid with your kid's name. this custom app will definitely get some smiles from your little one.

i'd love to make it free, but i have an 8 month old myself i'm supporting, and he is a bottomless pit and baby food is expensive

let me know via this thread if anyone would really be interested in customizing an app. you could have grandma call, or any family member (even have the kid leave the message) and make a one-of-a-kind app. again, let me know if you'd be interested, and where your price point might lie.

custom apps can be downloaded through palm's web distribution site directly from your phone (instead of the app catalog).

thanks for any feedback, and i'll post back when it's submitted!
    Last edited by shanerooni; 01/28/2010 at 12:45 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter
    Cubix
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    anyone interested in this app, i'll most likely be submitting it to the app catalog for $0.99. for $4.99-$9.99 (haven't decided yet), you can call my google voice number and leave a message with your voice and specific messages for your kid with your kid's name. this custom app will definitely get some smiles from your little one.

i'd love to make it free, but i have an 8 month old myself i'm supporting, and he is a bottomless pit and baby food is expensive

let me know via this thread if anyone would really be interested in customizing an app. you could have grandma call, or any family member (even have the kid leave the message) and make a one-of-a-kind app. again, let me know if you'd be interested, and where your price point might lie.

custom apps can be downloaded through palm's web distribution site directly from your phone (instead of the app catalog).

thanks for any feedback, and i'll post back when it's submitted!
    Did you still want a beta of sorts? I'd love to test it out!
    PhakePhoney has been released to the app catalog for anyone interested. It'll be $0.99. Here's the app description:

Alright! An app for your small children (and LOCKS THE APP!!!)! Need an extra few minutes to get out the door or fill out forms at a doctor's office? This app may be perfect for keeping your child's attention for those few crucial minutes. This small app is loaded with features! --- Each number pressed will speak and spell the number. The music button will play 1 of 10 music songs (Over the Rainbow, Alphabet Song, Shoofly, Hush Baby, Little Lamb, The Muffin Man, Clap Hands, BINGO, Farmer in the Dell, and Small World!).
    The talk button will play 1 of 4 greetings. --- For options, you are able to set the app to either go straight to the dialer, or to the menu on startup. You can LOCK THE APP, which should keep most children from leaving the app and reduce your stress since they should no longer be able to randomly dial your friends, erase your calendar, etc. You also can set up "Caller ID" images that show up full screen. For each number (0-9), you can set a picture from your device. When your child, for instance, presses 1 then 'Talk', a picture of Daddy will show up. Pressing 2 then 'Talk' will show a picture of Mommy, etc. This will be a nice feature for your children to learn family members and friends, or maybe even the family pet! =) You get a generic voice for $0.99.
    Shanerooni, LLC has the ability to customize this app with YOUR voice! Then your child will be learning from you, and receiving special messages from you! This option comes at an additional charge, and details are under 'Instructions' within the app. You may record Daddy's voice, Mommy's, Grandma's or a combination of voices!

Feel free to give feedback here in addition to the app catalog review if you'd like.

Thanks for the idea Kristie!
    Follow me on Twitter
    Cubix
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    PhakePhoney has been released to the app catalog for anyone interested. It'll be $0.99. Here's the app description:

Alright! An app for your small children (and LOCKS THE APP!!!)! Need an extra few minutes to get out the door or fill out forms at a doctor's office? This app may be perfect for keeping your child's attention for those few crucial minutes. This small app is loaded with features! --- Each number pressed will speak and spell the number. The music button will play 1 of 10 music songs (Over the Rainbow, Alphabet Song, Shoofly, Hush Baby, Little Lamb, The Muffin Man, Clap Hands, BINGO, Farmer in the Dell, and Small World!).
    The talk button will play 1 of 4 greetings. --- For options, you are able to set the app to either go straight to the dialer, or to the menu on startup. You can LOCK THE APP, which should keep most children from leaving the app and reduce your stress since they should no longer be able to randomly dial your friends, erase your calendar, etc. You also can set up "Caller ID" images that show up full screen. For each number (0-9), you can set a picture from your device. When your child, for instance, presses 1 then 'Talk', a picture of Daddy will show up. Pressing 2 then 'Talk' will show a picture of Mommy, etc. This will be a nice feature for your children to learn family members and friends, or maybe even the family pet! =) You get a generic voice for $0.99.
    Shanerooni, LLC has the ability to customize this app with YOUR voice! Then your child will be learning from you, and receiving special messages from you! This option comes at an additional charge, and details are under 'Instructions' within the app. You may record Daddy's voice, Mommy's, Grandma's or a combination of voices!

Feel free to give feedback here in addition to the app catalog review if you'd like.

Thanks for the idea Kristie!
    Thank YOU Shanerooni!