1.    #1  
    Dear all,

I've been using Palm Pre for some time now , and i love the experience.

one thing that is missing for me is the ability to read Arabic messages/web/email.

i tried to follow the font replacement method found at

forums.precentral.net/general-webos-chat/189477-modifying-replacing-fonts.html

since it worked for Hebrew, but with no luck for Arabic.

I also opened a case on Palm support forum, but didn't get any solution

can some one help in making a patch or an app or guide me to away to support Arabic on webos.

I'm willing to donate, and i've seen other Pre users seeking arabic support.

appreciate the help.
  2.    #2  
    anyone, someone :-)

i posted the same on palm support

http://forums.palm.com/palm/board/me...hread.id=14199

please support
  3.    #3  
    hi all i managed to install the Arabic font using the above link.

in the beginning i though that it didn't work since i was not able to see any Arabic txt what so ever in the entire OS.

after a while i noticed that when i receive arabic messages, i can only see the arabic font in the notification area and only during the initial messege notification.

after it parks in the notification area, the arabic txt/font becomes invisible again.

i attached some pics to demonstrate.

the funny part even when i do a screen shot of this scenario the arabic txt shoes as errors/blocks. thats why i had to use an external camera

i'm not sure were to go from here!!??

also to note, the arabic txt is not linked, so it shows as individual letters.

looking forward for support.

Attached Images Attached Images
    P2501,

I've been messing around trying to get Arabic language support on my Pre all evening - unfortunately I've had no luck Even after replacing all of the default fonts with Arabic True Type Fonts, it still won't display correctly.

I think that we will have to wait for Palm to natively support Arabic and other foreign languages. Until then, you can always write to Palm and urge them to include this in an update sooner rather than later.

Good luck mate,
  5.    #5  
    hi SqyArc,

thanks for the help,

i already requested this on palm support form couple of time , but didn't get any official response.

Japanese and hebrow got to work , which got me excited.

guess that we have to wait and see.

i'll keep looking around , and wait till something comes up.
    I am currently reading on how to add languages on Linux. I will see if we can work something up for the Pre.

if anyone got any resources on hand, please, share them here if possible. Sharing is caring.

Regards,
    i wish a solution
    I would love to have support for Farsi, which should work if we can Arabic font to work!
    hi, i was able to get hebrew using this way http://forums.precentral.net/general...ing-fonts.html
    look at post #6 and see if you can get the arabic fonts and change the commands to the name of the arabic font file name instead of the hebrew.
    good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by errade View Post
    P2501,

I've been messing around trying to get Arabic language support on my Pre all evening - unfortunately I've had no luck Even after replacing all of the default fonts with Arabic True Type Fonts, it still won't display correctly.

I think that we will have to wait for Palm to natively support Arabic and other foreign languages. Until then, you can always write to Palm and urge them to include this in an update sooner rather than later.

Good luck mate,
    are you able to see arabic letters in msg,internet and contacts?
    do you mean that the letters aren't connected?