Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    So I pulled my battery today and when I booted back up, I lost 2 launcher pages so now I'm back to 3 (I had 5) and my apps are all thrown together. Has this ever happened to anyone?
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    UPDATE: it appears that I lost more than my launcher pages, I loaded up Quick system tasks and it acted like I loaded it up for the first time, my settings are lost. I'm sure I'm going to find a lot more lost settings....any ideas what could have happened?

Edit:news feeds are gone too...took me so long to set them up.
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    I also lost my Quick contacts settings and contacts within the app. Can someone please chime in? I'm shutting off my auto backup for now, considering restoring my profile and hoping for the best, what do you guys think?
    EDIT: I'm not turning off my auto backup bc I'm not sure if it will delete my profile. After investigating further, I lost all application data and some apps seem to have reverted to older versions and I am now updating PreWare, News Feeds, Package Manager service....again.

MODS: Can you please move this to the "Palm Pre" forum (I initially posted it here because I thought my custom launcher pages were only affected). Thanks!
    Last edited by PreGk; 01/18/2010 at 05:45 PM.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Had the same thing happen to me. A simple restart of Luna fixed the issue though and I didn't have the issue of lost settings.
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post
    Had the same thing happen to me. A simple restart of Luna fixed the issue though and I didn't have the issue of lost settings.
    I did 3 shutdowns and battery pulls to no avail. I just spent the past hour creating launcher pages and dragging apps around, now I'm going to spend another hour inputting my custom rss feeds. I did a few app updates today, patch removals/updates....didn't happen until I swapped batteries.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGk View Post
    I did 3 shutdowns and battery pulls to no avail. I just spent the past hour creating launcher pages and dragging apps around, now I'm going to spend another hour inputting my custom rss feeds. I did a few app updates today, patch removals/updates....didn't happen until I swapped batteries.
    I had this problem and luna reset would fix temporarily but I tried everything and finally ended up at the Doctor....
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Ok. At first I thought you were doing something wrong for this to happen. I was just browsing Precentral when I wanted to play some gameboy on my Pre. I go to open the launcher to open VBA and my 4x4 mod is gone. It was definitely still there an hour ago. Now I'm confused lol. I don't know if I lost anything else as this just happened and haven't looked around yet.

I tried a restart but that didn't fix it. Hmm...
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    yea, I completely lost all confidence in my Pre and an app similar to NvBackup or tealbackup for palmOS cannot come sooner.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGk View Post
    yea, I completely lost all confidence in my Pre and an app similar to NvBackup or tealbackup for palmOS cannot come sooner.
    I still have confidence in my Pre. This is the first time something like this happened though.. I reinstalled the patch and reset Luna and it's back to normal.