1. TBH
    Hello everybody,

I built an application with ares online sdk. When trying it in the emulator it ran just fine.
    Now I installed it directly on my Pre and unfortunately it is very very sluggish. Loading the application (showing GUI) takes a lot of time. When scrolling through an Integer Picker, it is nearly unusable, scrolls about 1 number per second. I did not change the setup function made by ares, so I wanted to ask if it's normal that the ares-built GUIs are *that* slow?

Thanks,
    Tobi
    Quote Originally Posted by TBH View Post
    Hello everybody,

I built an application with ares online sdk. When trying it in the emulator it ran just fine.
    Now I installed it directly on my Pre and unfortunately it is very very sluggish. Loading the application (showing GUI) takes a lot of time. When scrolling through an Integer Picker, it is nearly unusable, scrolls about 1 number per second. I did not change the setup function made by ares, so I wanted to ask if it's normal that the ares-built GUIs are *that* slow?

Thanks,
    Tobi
    I've never noticed any issues while running Ares apps. You may want to check with someone else to see if the issue persists on another Pre.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
  3. TBH
    Thank for your hint!
    The GUI now runs very smoothly, but I think I've found a bug in Ares (can reproduce it):
    If you add an IntegerPicker into a Collapsible you will be able to see how everything slows down...
    I've also encountered a bug that in some cases button's dont get their labels with Ares. Even in the IDE the label is invisble. But I already reported it.

Made me go back to just using Mojo tho..
    My Palm History (in order): IIIe SE, m130, Tungsten|T, m505, Tungsten|T3, Zire 71, m505 (owned two different ones), Zire 72, Tungsten|C, T|X, Treo 650.
    After that I got a Apple iPhone 3G, Palm Pre (GSM), Google Nexus One.